Thread: The Island of Misfit Toys

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

LOL - VERY appropriate Font, then.

Did you find that Font first and get your idea, or did you go looking for something and happen upon it?
    Last edited by MarkusTay; 11-29-2008 at 11:04 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I had it on the hard drive for years. I have always wanted to do the Island so I went looking for a font years ago. When I did the text on Charedon it hit me to dig out the font and use candy canes...and viola...I finally had motivation.

Got me some stills from Rudolph so I'm working on importing them...got the Christmas trees but need the regular fir trees, got the characters too. I might try to model them up in SketchUp but it would be better done in Poser, which I don't have so I'm unsure about that bit. If I knew how to use any sort of 3d program I'd render up the whole thing and put it in a snow globe...will have to wait on that.

Anyway, here's a small update: spent the whole day redoing the text, added a few more areas, and put some snow in (going to put snow on top of the candy canes tomorrow and maybe icicles).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toys1.jpg 
Views:	898 
Size:	4.00 MB 
ID:	8124  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

The location names are so unique and creative! And as other said - font is very fitting! i love it