I wasn't sure how to word this exactly. Basically, what I am looking for is help with gathering information. Perhaps lists where I can go through and parse for my own purposes. I have been working on gathering different pools of information that I can weed through for my own project (and for other projects and for sharing).

To start, I went through and created a spreadsheet listing as many types of animals as I could from humans and bears to spiders and flies. I have a list that breaks down the creatures size, diet, class, and such. I have also created a set of "biomes" and indicated where each of these creatures could be found. The biomes that I used are for disbursement for throughout my world. It would also be a general list for other projects as well. Finding the information hasn't been too bad.

Now, I am trying to do the same with plant life... everything from flowers to trees. I am trying to build my table, but I have been having a hard time finding a good reference that lists a lot of these plants together and breaks them down. The best I can find is lists of plants in a certain area or lists of specific plat types. Does anybody have any idea where I can go to gather this information?

I should note, that I am in school (I'm 39 and I am working toward a degree in history) and have to scrape for time to work on this project, but any little bit that I can get done moves me closer to my goal... which is having the workings of a world where I can let my imagination free to play in... (and possibly crank out a few novels and other windows to my world).