Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gnosis - fantasy map commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Gnosis - fantasy map commission

Hey fellow guilders,

Last year, I was hired by Inspire Education for an interesting project. Inspire Education is a company that supplies schools with an online learning platform, which offers the curriculum in an inspiring way. This learning platform provides teachers with English schemes of work and resources, whilst giving children a context in which to learn through stories. Check Inspire Education Website for some further informations.

So I had to draw the map of Gnosis, a cross-curricular fantasy world rooted in real history, from which the kids will be able to explore stories, myths, lessons and more.
    Since this map is intended to be used as a tool on school interactive boards, I was asking to provide a general map with a bunch of icons, creatures insets, coat of arms. What you see here is the whole general map with all the elements on it. Of course, during the discovering process of the world and the learning that goes with it, a lot of these elements will only be revealed progressively when kids are going through new lessons and click on new areas.
    I'am also attaching some details samples (50% size).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gnosis final.jpg 
Views:	1979 
Size:	5.52 MB 
ID:	87404 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Details samples.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	519.6 KB 
ID:	87405

Hope you'll like it. As usual, feel free to rate ,rep or run away

© Inspire Education 2016 - All rights reserved.

That is splendid work Max.
    Sounds like it was a fun project to work and the results look great.
    The map is a real beauty as are all of the icons. Love it.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

That's a really nice project, I just wish my school had got such cool things to make the lessons a bit more fun!

The map itself is lovely, but the icons and illustrations are what really make it superb. A beautiful and inspirational piece here Max!

Excellent work Max, nice to see a school system using maps as a teaching tool.

This is really a great project Max, congratulations! The Icons are fabulous I'm sure kids will love them and get engaged with the setting. Hope you get to develop more with this client.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Oh, that is really awesome, Max. Kind of hard to shoehorn in that many diverse cultures and make it work, but somehow you did. And I love the icons and art! Too bad I just repped you, or I'd rep you again for this.

This is perhaps my favorite map of yours ever!! I mean, I'm a fan of tiny details in maps, and this is REALLY gorgeous! Congratulations, you did an incredible work.. I'm so envy right now!
    p.s. did I just spotted Chtulhu in the top right sea?

Wow! This is a masterful piece! What can I say, it's gorgeous. Those insert illustrations are top notch, as are the icons. Very impressive work. Another one for the inspiration folder!

Cheers,
    -Arshesh

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

A wonderful piece for a good cause.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast