Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: World of Aeryth (D&D Campaign Setting)

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Looking quite good so far! If you don't mind me asking, what's your technique on the mountains? They're outstanding!
    Thanks! I used a bevel layer in PS (inner bevel - chisel soft) and a variety of brushes - but usually just a simple brush with scattering.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    This looks fantastic so far. Love the land-shapes and the colors you have chosen. Very much looking forward to where you'll take this!

Care to tell us a bit about the world itself?
    Sure, though to be quite honest - I mostly don't know much about it. Unfortunately, I designed my world from inside out - meaning from regional to world. So when I went to design the world map, it was constrained by what I had already committed to in the regional map. If I was starting fresh, I would make a world - then decide where civilizations formed and how they evolved from region to region. Alas, when we began this campaign I didn't have that luxury and so it is what it is. The regional map (which I will post here for reference) is where all of the action in my campaign takes place. There hasn't been much of a need to have a world map until recently, as were heading toward the final phase of the campaign and the mysterious foreign power (an empire from the continent of Aeclun) that has loomed in the background needs to finally be fleshed out.

The eastern area of Eidroya, known as Beckland, is where my regional map lies, an area somewhat larger than France. My world is roughly analogous to Earth's eastern hemisphere where Eidroya is England/Europe and Faeurna is Africa-ish, the south western portion of Aeclun is like southern Europe and Oesai is Asia-ish.

The regional map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EidroyaCompSmall.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	3.59 MB 
ID:	88121

I thought they looked hand-made. Very very nice!

I haven't used GIMP myself, the software makes fantastic looking mountain volumes but they look 101% digital-made.

I haven't nailed the bevel effect to make nice mountains properly yet, and your way is a good balance of hand made and digital. Seeing in here that it can be done prompts me to keep trying!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123