Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haldeshar

John, I keep repeating myself (there might even be a double post lingering on DA...) but your maps are, to me, the crown jewels of this site (no offense to the others great artists that roam these pages). I love the miyazakiesque atmosphere set by the watercolors, I love the clouds that give that special magic vibe and I love your borders that are always, not only a work of art but also a worthy jewel box for the gem you bring to us.

Beautiful map. You really have your own great style for mountains and your illustrations are - as always - top notch. I think your really mastering the frames as well (the clouds on the top, such a great idea and render), and the water colors are perfect on this.
    Glad to know you've got a lot of work, that means more candies for us!!

I love the oversized castle and clouds to the north. I've been meaning to experiment with exaggerated elements like this myself and this piece is a great inspiration toward that end. Lovely work as always J.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As always, I'm short of words (especially in english...) to describe the beauty of your maps, included this last one..

I admire your skills, your imagination, all the ideas that you have to make your maps specials (clouds, castle, dragon....)

You are a true inspiration to me ! Thanks so much for sharing your work !

And, as a castle-fan, I add extra applauses for the castle of Shadir !!!!

again : thanks ! That the best I can say...

Just wonderful. Inspires me to want to get back at it which is great, cuz I need the inspiration since I'm low on energy for art lately.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Another beautiful piece. And completed in a single day! I dream of that level of output!

I agree with ladiestorm and thomrey: this map would fit just as perfectly into a Miyazaki film as it would in some ancient fairytale.

Your ability to not only consistently create great maps, but seemingly do so effortlessly, is a mystery to me...but a mystery I am keen to solve

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Would love to just see the pencil drawing, once again inspiration and awe all in the same package

This is a wonderful composition; you really have a great sense for how to lay out the image and how to meld the soft hand-pencil with the digital labels and color.

You must have a top-notch nice big scanner. :-)

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Absolutely stunning. Would rep you twice if I could!

Guild Adept

Really beautifull map! Amazing work <3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast