Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Haldeshar

Guild Novice

J.Edward, do you do all of your drawings this way? Do you ever do 100% digital work?

This must have been done with some impressive detail to be able to zoom in as far as we can and still keep quality on image.

Tiger

Thanks appreciate you always willing to share your work and process as I drool over your line work, another great map, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    That's lovely! It really shows the breakdown of how much detail you accomplish with line vs how much detail you accomplish with shading. There's a tutorial in here somewhere! Or maybe a master class.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk
    Thanks J Yeah, it could be helpful I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by paulotutu View Post
    Dude, that's amazing!!! Love the color palettes!
    So many details and awesome drawing!
    Thank you Paulo
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Thanks for that pencil work ! More study ahead
    Hehe, thanks Thomas
    Quote Originally Posted by Obbehobbe View Post
    Nice work! I left the pencil/scan for a Wacom cintiq but may return to it after seeing this. What kind of pen did you use? Also, have you made some subtle work on the background (outside the borders) or is that the paper?
    Thanks Obbe. The texture is the charcoal paper showing through.
    Brush is just a basic round hard brush, but then smudged into looking like it does.
    That's how i do the water color look, with a smudge brush.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilgoth View Post
    It's amazing. There's a reason why I hold you as my biggest star around here.

Having that said, Im still lurking that city map.
    Thanks Ilgoth Quite a compliment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Very nice, I particularly like the surround
    Thanks Rob
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew VE View Post
    Wow!! Another incredible map!
    Thanks Matthew
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerStripedDog View Post
    J.Edward, do you do all of your drawings this way? Do you ever do 100% digital work?

This must have been done with some impressive detail to be able to zoom in as far as we can and still keep quality on image.

Tiger
    Hey Tiger - I do more of them as 100% digital. Occasionally I will return to traditional pieces like this.
    It just depends on my mood, or what a client wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Thanks appreciate you always willing to share your work and process as I drool over your line work, another great map, thanks
    You're welcome snodsy

Considering the level and quality of your maps, I can see why you say 14-16 hours is a "rushed things"...

The border and illustration on top makes this map so much more beautiful. Your work always reflect the Less is More quality of things.

Excellent as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Solis View Post
    Considering the level and quality of your maps, I can see why you say 14-16 hours is a "rushed things"...

The border and illustration on top makes this map so much more beautiful. Your work always reflect the Less is More quality of things.

Excellent as usual!
    Thanks Hugo
    Well, rushed is somewhat relative... I usually take time to plan more about the location and backstory.

Excellent map! I love the border and the compass. I also like how the buildings and the clouds pop out of the drawing.

Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Excellent map! I love the border and the compass. I also like how the buildings and the clouds pop out of the drawing.
    Thanks Francesca

Another great work and a thread to read carefully. All of your map are really inspiring with an unique personnal touch. great to see another one.

That map is excellent. I think it really captures the essence of what a fantasy map should be.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast