Thread: Introduction and THANK YOU

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thank you for the nice comments. I'll tell Hesam that people liked Kamalshahr.

If you don't like the Micras font, please recommend a better one for me. Not all the countries on the Micras map are fantasy, so I don't want something too medieval. It's supposed to look modern and professional. I tried Frutiger, but didn't like it much. What other good (free) ones are out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Yvain Wintersong View Post
    Thank you for the nice comments. I'll tell Hesam that people liked Kamalshahr.

If you don't like the Micras font, please recommend a better one for me. Not all the countries on the Micras map are fantasy, so I don't want something too medieval. It's supposed to look modern and professional. I tried Frutiger, but didn't like it much. What other good (free) ones are out there?
    It's not that I don't like it! It does its job as I said, its just a bit too standard for my taste. I can understand you don't want to make it too medieval... in light of that maybe the font isn't such a "bad" pick.

I can't give you any specific advice on fonts unfortunately, I only use a couple myself that I found over the years (and all definitely have a fantasy/medieval feel).

Don't let this bit of nitpicking distract of the coolness of your maps
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...