Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Gimp doesn't work on my computer. Help! [Solved]

Blog Entries

Since your online and talking about it.... I have used Krita and I thought it was alright but not really great. I also think Gimp is alright but not really great too. I almost thought Pinta was great but then discovered a couple of minor things that meant I couldnt use it. So is there another linux based paint app thats quite simple but contains enough basic stuff to use. Round brush, draw boxes, lines, fill, blur, sharpen etc.

Blog Entries

there is "tux paint" - basically a version of ms paint
    http://www.tuxpaint.org/

Xpaint

" Xpaint is a color image editing tool which features most standard paint program options. It allows for the editing of multiple images simultaneously and supports various formats, including PPM, XBM, TIFF, etc. "

or darktable -- more for preprocessing camera "raw" files
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Blog Entries

Thanks, that's brilliant and ill take a look.
    My trouble is that if a paint app misses something I think is important then I have to exit that and use something else which is tedious. So I reckon I am out of luck. Pinta was the closest so far but misses a couple of things which would have been ideal or is buggy with some of its items. So at present I am sticking to Gimp and not enjoying it very much and I frequently have to revert back to windows to get some things done and that really sucks as it means transferring the file over the network and back again.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123