Thread: New DM and New Member

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Default New DM and New Member

Hey all!

Just stumbled upon a link to this forum from a reply to a Facebook post about D&D maps. I've been working on a map for my homebrew campaign, and once I've got a version that's more complete I'll post it up with some critique and suggestion requests.

On my first iteration, I used fantasynamegenerator's map maker applet and put the result into Gimp for further detailing and refinement. Unsatisfied with the results, I looked around for some other software and found Inkarnate which I've grown to adore. My current version uses inkarnate, and I'm also working on some additional maps for other planes outside of the prime material.

Looking forward to diving into this wealth of knowledge, and hopefully I can gain some constructive feedback on my own works. I would also like to contribute to other people's works, but until my understanding of cartography grows I feel I'll be more of a sponge than a spicket!

Happy drawing!

Hi Michael, and welcome to the Guild. I don't think many people use Inkcarnate around here, but if you want to try gimp again there are certainly lots of tutorials in the Tutorials/How To area of the forums. Looking forward to seeing some of your work, and if you need help with anything, just start a thead and ask your questions.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"