Thread: Country Mapping - Aerah Empire

Wip Country Mapping - Aerah Empire

Soooo, I made this country for an RP Group I am in. The Country is called the Aerah Empire (In English). I wanted to make many different maps and such so I started with a political map as a start.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map of Aerah.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	63.0 KB 
ID:	88342

So that's the picture, of course, it is not done yet but its a Work in progress so yeah haha! Let me know what you guys think?!

And I am making this on MS Paint haha.

Why are you using MS paint? Stop torturing yourself and use a program that allows to use multiple layers like the Gimp.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelor View Post
    Why are you using MS paint? Stop torturing yourself and use a program that allows to use multiple layers like the Gimp.
    Agreed! If you can make something that good on paint, I think you could do much better with a more advanced program!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Looks great! Especially for paint. I agree about using something better like GIMP or Photoshop.

I agree with the others. I really like that coastal line. It's kind of hard to determine, but you may have broken some river rules up near Sausvek and Ausdeken. Lakes will only have one outlet except in very rare cases, and rivers converge as the head towards the sea but won't split into two branches and empty in different spots (deltas notwithstanding because it's really the same spot spread out).

Great map, Skibud

While there are many graphics apps that are probably more atuned with the needs of a cartographer (and which would undoubtedly might make life a lot easier for you) I just thought you might like to see... This

Thank you all! I tried Gimp and sadly to say I don't like it, it was too confusing for me. So I uninstalled it and reverted back to MS. Paint. I used to have Photoshop but I only used it for waves on ships I make. And, like I said its a WIP so I will update this a lot, it is taking a long tome but it makes sense... It is MS Paint haha! Anyway, thank you all for your tips and praises!

The other option of course is Inkscape, a vector drawing program (although I'd say the initial learning curve is steeper than it is for GIMP). People have also been experimenting with a couple of other programs such as Artrage. It doesn't matter so much though, take things at your own pace .

Well, a lot of the people say they don't use a mouse or something and those programs are just too confusing for me so I only use MS Paint. I use MS Paint and I use a mouse haha, other than that nothing else... I did use Photoshop but that was for minor things I coudn't do on MS Paint.