Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Westerlands of Andoria and Andar

Quote Originally Posted by Alturax View Post
    @Eilathen - Sadly, I do not have a group currently. I made this in my spare time just for.. It's artistic value? As you can see I have some world-building going on, but I do that with all maps or projects I undertake. I am incapable of creating a map without building a world around it.
    Sorry to hear that And i hear you, i also need stories behind every map i make. An "empty" map just feels...weird ^^

I unfortunately hop from inspiration to inspiration, at time feeling more Game of Thrones-y and sometimes feeling more toward the Tolkien side.
    Oh man do i know this problem. I just have too many ideas sometimes ^^ Or i am inspired from one thing on one day and from a totally different thing the next. It's a curse, really This is especially tiring if you want to get a game going...one day i want to run a big fat high epic fantasy game, the next week i want to change it to a gritty and dark kind of Sword and Sorcery story. Anyway...

If you would like to use it in your own settings, that's fine by me, and I hope you can enjoy your time with it. I'l be happy to provide some further details (even after the next gargantuan post about the South landmass) regarding setting and specifics.
    That is very generous of you! So thank you! I might take you up on your offer. At the moment, i am a player, so i don't need a setting. But i will get back into the GM chair soon enough
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Very nice map, Alturax. I agree with both Eilathen and ChickPea about the forests: a bit too regimented and a bit too hard to identify. But besides those points, it looks really good. Thanks for sharing the lore; it makes reading a map so much more interesting if you can learn something about the setting.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Nice to see this finished! Man, that is a big map. I like the strong texture and the simple border. The contrast between the ocean and land colors is a bit too strong for my taste, but other than that, a really nice map. Will rep if I can.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12