Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: WIP - Bigby's Tower of the Clenched Fist

Guild Member

Thanks Reilith and damonjynx.

I've been away far too long working way to hard and have missed my mapping in GIMP. Time to re-hone to the tools and get back to it, I hate unfinished work lingering! I think I'll work on BCF first, then get back to my Town of Lakefall and Axe of the Dwarvish Lords later. :-)

Ra.

Cool idea, hope you get to finish it.

Guild Member

Looking cool! The name bigby conjures memories of DnD in the 90's. Back when I was a teenager.

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected flyenemu's Avatar

I must agree with both RafaelLVX & AaronSchmidt, this is quite a wonderful and nostalgically pleasing idea! I worry, however, that the project is in Limbo as the artist has not posted anything sense mid-March. I do hope this necromantic spur will breath new life into this exciting and promising project.
    An error has occurred while loading "Witty and/or Inspirational D&D Quote" and must close. Please try again later.

*(As Soon As I Finish Working On My Truck I Shall Begin Working On A Map Of My Own To Share)*

Guild Member

Hey flyenemu,
    Work has gotten in the way of drawing life, but I get a bit of time here and there to dabble.
    I was actually working on this last night struggling with stair positioning with the unorthodox shape of the levels. It's one of those optical illusion dilemmas where the position of the stairs is accurate, but seems to look rubbish on the drawing!
    So all is not lost...just err... delayed!
    Ra.

Guild Member

So, level two is furnished, with an Iron Golem guarding the stairs and entry way to the lounge and dining halls. Now to work on Bigby's quarters and laboratory.

Bigby's Tower v0.4
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigby's Tower of the Clenched Fist v0.4.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	98398

Ra.

Guild Member

Level 3 is shaping up, I personally don't think it needs anything else but always open for suggestions!

As you come up the stairs you're facing a rune-floor, with two iron golems in overwatch. Bigby's good friend Otiluke lies in stasis in the sarcophagus on the north. A failed experiment left him in a time-lock, which one day Bigby is hoping to reverse! Pass the floor rune and through the doors takes you to the apprentice quarters, and research rooms with a long corridor facing the portal to the highest level of the tower...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bigby's Tower of the Clenched Fist v0.5.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	1.69 MB 
ID:	98466

Enjoy.
    Ra

p.s. I removed the stairs between level 3 and 4 since I didn't feel that such a powerful wizard like Bigby would have such a mundane means to get to his inner sanctum!

Looking good. I had to chuckle when I saw your Iron Golems. It is a picture of a statue/trophy awarded to my father by the Salvation Army and presented to him by President George H. W. Bush. Your Golems have a backstory!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    I had to chuckle when I saw your Iron Golems. It is a picture of a statue/trophy awarded to my father by the Salvation Army and presented to him by President George H. W. Bush.
    That was one of your great contributions, Bogie! We've used the symbol a number of times to make golems, sometimes with color mods for other kinds of golems too.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

This is great to see it coming to life. I think it will need a place in my campaign.

Inspiring stuff!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast