Thread: Bloodstorm City

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected kosmic dungeon's Avatar

Map Bloodstorm City

Hello everyone,
    Here is the latest map commissioned by BrutalRPG, an indie Medieval Fantasy RPG. A huge Thanks to David for this collaboration, and to let me freely share all these maps with you !!! Feel free to leave him a Thanks in comment, and especially to visit its website to read his excellent RPG …
    Bloodstorm City
    Bloodstorm city is ruled over by a vampire queen who has made business/trade agreements with a pirate king. The city itself was built over the buried ruins of Bloodstorm castle, a mighty fortress built by the viking dwarves who once ruled these lands. Before their mighty castle crumbled and sank into the natural caverns below, the dwarves conquered the peoples of Dragon’s Reach and horded all the treasure within secret vaults. Most of these treasure vaults are stil lost and un accounted for, presumably still protected by complicated locks, and nasty dwarven traps. Meanwhile the new city above has moved on and nearly forgotten all about the dwarves. The town folks are to busy working to entertain the pirates and repair their ships in exchange for the tools, clothing, food and spices they so desparately need.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodstorm-City-Web-A3.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	298.5 KB 
ID:	88532

As usual you can download High quality map for free on the blog :
    https://kosmicdungeon.wordpress.com/...ommission-map/

#map #jdr #rpg #BrutalRpg
    www.BrutalRpg.com
    a blog with a few oldschool pen on paper map
    Blog : https://kosmicdungeon.com/

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Lovely work on this, KD! I'll say this everytime you post something up, but your neat linework never ceases to amaze me. It's always great studying the details of these pieces and I like the way you added depth to the houses simply by only tiling one side of the roof, rather than simply shading.

Another great piece!

Also, out of interest, how did you do the tree shadows with ink?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected kosmic dungeon's Avatar

Thanks GLS !!
    I did the tree shadows with Brushmarker from Winsor&Newton ( cheaper than Copic but not perfect )
    I use only two colors: Cool grey 1 and cool grey 2, but I do several times. First, the clear and the dark when it is still wet to mix. I let dry then I pass a portion of the shadows to accentuate it, I do the same operation for small shadow in the clearest part of the tree ... I am very satisfied with the result !!!

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Lovely work on this, KD! I'll say this everytime you post something up, but your neat linework never ceases to amaze me. It's always great studying the details of these pieces and I like the way you added depth to the houses simply by only tiling one side of the roof, rather than simply shading.

Another great piece!

Also, out of interest, how did you do the tree shadows with ink?
    a blog with a few oldschool pen on paper map
    Blog : https://kosmicdungeon.com/