Thread: Roadside Camp Site

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I've a different suggestion, though the value of what I say has to be considered against the fact that I've never even played an RPG, and have only ever drawn one battle map intending to draw it (However I have had another three building maps mistaken for battle maps, and the one battle map I did draw deliberately won second prize in a Profantasy Forum battle map competition - the Henge Portal map I recently put up in finished maps)

The colours are good, but there isn't a lot of ground for the players to 'be', if you see what I mean. I've not seen a battle map so covered in tree stuff.

Assuming that you shrink the trees a bit to leave space for players to move around, you might be able to improve their umbrella appearance by adding more texture within the shape of each tree, and reducing the 'burnt edges' appearance. Most trees I've seen on the more striking battle maps there are around the place are far more irregular in shape, and frequently have holes in them that go right down to the ground.

I use trees rendered from Vue, which are very realistic. Sadly I can't lend you any since that would be a breach of the Cornucopia EULA!
    Last edited by Mouse; 11-04-2016 at 06:03 PM.