Thread: Roadside Camp Site

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

An 'under the tree' level?

Interesting concept, but I've really no idea how it would be received

The size of the map?

Ah... well you have me there! I'm sorry, but I really don't know. The battle map I drew for Shessar's competition was set with a 5 foot grid, in compliance with the rules, but the resolution was left very much up to us, with the proviso that the image fit within the normal confines of the forum window (That's probably a lot smaller than you would normally expect a battle map to be!)

Maybe one of the GMs would be able to help you with that

EDIT: If you want to know how I make the trees...

I downloaded the freebie version of VUE (VUE Pioneer), purchased the Botanica add-on (which allows you to manipulate the tree models that come free with the software, and any that you purchase off Cornucopia), then set to work creating my own set of trees - trees for all seasons.

I'm saving up to purchase an apple tree model, and a better pine tree model than the one I initially purchased (which isn't really up to the job I need it to do).

This is what the process looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tree studio scren shot.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	587.2 KB 
ID:	88572

I believe it may indeed be similar to the process used by some of the Dundjinni artists to create their own trees, but this is merely coincidental and caused by the technique being so similar.

If I had more time I might do as you did and draw my own trees by hand to achieve the same kind of individual style that you are aiming at for yourself, but unfortunately for me I need to get these maps finished before I publish the novels they go with
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-18-2016 at 04:49 AM.