Thread: Regions on a World Map

Map Regions on a World Map

Hey,

This is my first post here. Thought I'd share some of my work so far.

There are no cities or civilizations marked on this map. It's just regions.

Its part of my experimentation with naming things.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RegionJPG.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	88540

Welcome to the Guild, Projectcannon.

So the map is as a whole an experiment?
    I like the coloring, the lines and the mountains. Though simple in matters of style, they look good. Maybe you could even improve them with shading one side of them.

Your rivers split up very much, flowing into several directions before reaching the sea. Depending on the scale of the map that's ok or unnatural. River deltas could get rather big, but if the left landmass would represent a continent, its way too big. If you remember that rivers are just lines from a high to a low point and by that the ones with the highest ascent, so that water flows down the fastest when following this line, it's rather obvious a river could not just simply split up into several rivers.

Maybe you could test different fonts for naming different things.

Default Feedback :D

Quote Originally Posted by Eld View Post
    Welcome to the Guild, Projectcannon.

So the map is as a whole an experiment?
    I like the coloring, the lines and the mountains. Though simple in matters of style, they look good. Maybe you could even improve them with shading one side of them.

Your rivers split up very much, flowing into several directions before reaching the sea. Depending on the scale of the map that's ok or unnatural. River deltas could get rather big, but if the left landmass would represent a continent, its way too big. If you remember that rivers are just lines from a high to a low point and by that the ones with the highest ascent, so that water flows down the fastest when following this line, it's rather obvious a river could not just simply split up into several rivers.

Maybe you could test different fonts for naming different things.
    Thanks for the feedback! and thanks for the welcome.

Scale wise those rivers that are actual drawn in I drew in with thoughts that they would be the major rivers (quite big in scale, like the civilizations of this world might not be able to bridge across it unless they did some man made earth moving). The curving of the map was from looking at rivers like the Amazon River in Columbia. Very Big, also very curvy.

The minor rivers on this map (which still might be relatively big) I did not draw on.

Yeah, will definitely be experimenting with different types of names for different things.

Oh my. Is it okay to call a map cute? Because that thing is. Extremely.
    Homepage | Instagram | Facebook | Artstation
    Just give me liquorice and nobody gets hurt.