Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Varenthia

This map is really inspiring. I love the border and the colour you choose for the sea. Fantastic!

Guild Expert

Thanks Diamond, and Francesca, I really appreciate it, both of you are a huge inspiration, and do some of the nicest work, so I'm honoured that you like it.

Guild Expert

I printed this map on Red River's metallic pearl paper, but had to change the colours because it was out of gamut for my printer. I really like the new version better so thought I'd post an update with the new colours. My print was coming up dark, and the purple just wasn't happening so I brightend it allot, and made the sea more red because I know my printer does reds really well, and ran a high pass filter over it because I made it bigger at 13 by 19...Anyway, the print came out really well, this paper is soooo neat, and I think it's the first time I can say the print looks better then the image on screen, I encourage anyone to try this paper, it's the only one I've found which doesn't make the colours look dull, and muted, and looks equally as sharp as I see it on my screen, which never happens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Varenthia - Finished 2016 September Challenge 13 by 19 Brighter Final Print Version.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	9.38 MB 
ID:	90784

That's a lovely colour adjustment

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    That's a lovely colour adjustment
    Thanks Mouse I'm glad you like it, the actual print came out a bit darker, but they always do. I'm happy with the results, and now that it's on paper I really feel like I finished something.

Its a pity we can't see it, but I can certainly Imagine it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12