Thread: Skenara [variations for clients]

Map Skenara [variations for clients]

So while I was working on the Skenara map I was thinking about making variarions to show clients what could be done for differing purposes.
    The main map was a sort of watercolor on pencil look, full color, but a client might need a greyscale or black and white for print, even if they want a full color version for web and promotion.
    So I went about making changes for that and also produced an antique monochrome version.
    I have also contemplated doing some other stylistic versions, but time may not be on my side there. We will see.
    So along with the color version [to compare against] here are all 3 variations.
    Edit - trying to fix which image shows for thumbnail...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skenara [variations] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	102235

Watercolor [full color]

Name:	Skenara by sirinkman3.jpg 
Views:	349 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	88589

Antique monochrome

Name:	Skenara [Antique] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	88590

Greyscale

Name:	Skenara [Greyscale] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	88591

Black and White

Name:	Skenara [Black+White] by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	169 
Size:	2.44 MB 
ID:	88592
    Last edited by J.Edward; 12-14-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Really nice study, and beautiful map as well, love the large fish swimming away top right, kind of looks like he has a **** eating grin with a slight overbite. That compass rose is spectacular. Love the color version, but the antique monochrome is really nice as well. great job once again.

Very nice! Those will be useful to show style/cost variations to clients.
    The b/w version could maybe use more shade on the title to make it stand out. Other than that,

I agree with snodsy, the antique look is really great and thanks, more study material (I'll master those moebiusesque mountains one day !).

... Splendid... I've a preference for the first two, but it's more than interesting/inspiring to see them all! Thanks again for sharing John!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Really nice study, and beautiful map as well, love the large fish swimming away top right, kind of looks like he has a **** eating grin with a slight overbite. That compass rose is spectacular. Love the color version, but the antique monochrome is really nice as well. great job once again.
    Thanks snodsy
    Haha, yeah, someone else commented to me about that fishes attitude
    Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Very nice! Those will be useful to show style/cost variations to clients.
    The b/w version could maybe use more shade on the title to make it stand out. Other than that,
    Thanks Chashio
    Yep, I need to do a few more examples like this for clients. I do think it will be helpful.
    You're right about the BnW version. Might have to tweak that.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I agree with snodsy, the antique look is really great and thanks, more study material (I'll master those moebiusesque mountains one day !).
    My pleasure Thomas And thanks for the Moebius bit Love Moebius. And the Schuitens as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    ... Splendid... I've a preference for the first two, but it's more than interesting/inspiring to see them all! Thanks again for sharing John!
    Thank you Ilanthar

All of them are gorgeous, because its the same map . But i stick with the watercolor map, absolute number one for me. And something that snodsy pointed out - the compass. I did not catch it before (because of that great map), but it is a cherry on top of a cake !

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    All of them are gorgeous, because its the same map . But i stick with the watercolor map, absolute number one for me. And something that snodsy pointed out - the compass. I did not catch it before (because of that great map), but it is a cherry on top of a cake !
    Thank you Voolf I am getting around to comments in my threads that I had missed, so I'll try to answer the question you asked over on Trolnarm, which is next.