Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aethera System

Map Aethera System

Here's a map done for Aethera RPG.
    It shows the Aethera System in an art deco/sci-fi style.
    It's the first time that I explore a sci-fi map world and it has been fun to do it.
    But maybe the next time I will hold back with the watercolour stains

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	asdasd.jpg 
Views:	897 
Size:	382.2 KB 
ID:	88607

I like this Art Deco style. Great map as usual, Francesca, I really like what you have allready post at cartographers guild and i'm happy you're now part of this amazing community. Hope to see more from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    I like this Art Deco style. Great map as usual, Francesca, I really like what you have allready post at cartographers guild and i'm happy you're now part of this amazing community. Hope to see more from you.
    Thank you very much Warlin! I really love this place

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Great work again on this piece, Francesca! You've nailed that style perfectly, as before I even saw what you had written, the map already reminded me of Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

I love all the different bits and pieces interwoven into here and how though the map is there, there's no distinction between it and the borders. All the elements flow (don't know if that's the right word for art deco) into one another to form a wonderful whole.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Robulous's Avatar

Sci-fi fantasy - great image!

Gorgeous piece and so unusual compared to what we normally see at the Guild. Thanks for sharing with us.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

This is a gorgeous piece of work Francesca
    A lot of nice subtle tones in there.
    You've done a great job on getting the deco feel without it feeling cliche.
    Nice lettering too.

edit - darn... must spread rep, but I will return.

Really cool map Francesca
    I love how you seamlessly piece the whole design together in all of your works. [I think they're all in my favorites folder at this point. ] Simply fabulous!

I agree with all the comments, the Art deco flare, Metropolis (Fritz Lang) and your the integration of the map, the artwork and the borders are seamless and continues to be one of my favorites features of yours that you consistently nail each time. I always go back to yours when I need inspiration for integrating elements, Great job once again and thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Great work again on this piece, Francesca! You've nailed that style perfectly, as before I even saw what you had written, the map already reminded me of Fritz Lang's Metropolis.

I love all the different bits and pieces interwoven into here and how though the map is there, there's no distinction between it and the borders. All the elements flow (don't know if that's the right word for art deco) into one another to form a wonderful whole.
    Thank you very much for your kind words GLS! Maybe it's my painter side that shows up in my maps. I always try to draw a simple map and I end up adding things and decorations making it more of an illustration than a map

Quote Originally Posted by Robulous View Post
    Sci-fi fantasy - great image!
    Thank you Robulous!

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Gorgeous piece and so unusual compared to what we normally see at the Guild. Thanks for sharing with us.
    Thank you very much ChickPea! It was an experiment for me

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    This is a gorgeous piece of work Francesca
    A lot of nice subtle tones in there.
    You've done a great job on getting the deco feel without it feeling cliche.
    Nice lettering too.

edit - darn... must spread rep, but I will return.
    Thank you very much J! I'd like to spread reputation points too. Could you please teach me how can I do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Really cool map Francesca
    I love how you seamlessly piece the whole design together in all of your works. [I think they're all in my favorites folder at this point. ] Simply fabulous!
    Thank you very much Chashio! Usually when I start to work on a map it's total composition chaos but then things work out eventually

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    I agree with all the comments, the Art deco flare, Metropolis (Fritz Lang) and your the integration of the map, the artwork and the borders are seamless and continues to be one of my favorites features of yours that you consistently nail each time. I always go back to yours when I need inspiration for integrating elements, Great job once again and thanks for sharing.
    Thank you very much for your lovely words Snodsy! I really appreciate it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast