Thread: Cartographer / Level Designer for top-down RPG game

Help Cartographer / Level Designer for top-down RPG game

Hey all,

Our game, Dragon of Legends, was Kickstarted earlier in the year and now we are looking to improve/expand on the world we already have created.

Campaign Page Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thrivegames/dol (Screenshots and more info here)

Example of current world map:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	havamal.png 
Views:	44 
Size:	662.4 KB 
ID:	88658

Thrive Games is currently looking for a Level Designer to help out with the remaining in-game maps needed, as well as flushing out other local areas based on our preliminary world map designs. This job would be similar in process to creating a map in RPGMaker's Map Editor, so experience with some kind of digital map making (preferably for video games) would be an asset.

All positions will be paid, and if you live near the Toronto area - even better!

Please send your portfolio to nathan[at]thrivegames[dot]net

Thanks!
    Last edited by tgnate; 10-20-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Nathan, could post a link to an example map of your game? I'm intrigued.

Guild Journeyer

I'm a bit confused, do you need the map to be made in RPGMaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Hey Nathan, could post a link to an example map of your game? I'm intrigued.
    Hey Wired, this is an old preview video

@Ilgoth No, not in RPGmaker - I was just saying that experience with using this kind of software (or something similar) would be of value because our maps in-game maps are actually created using the freeware Tiled Map Editor. The principles between the two programs are pretty much the same, so I just mentioned RPG maker as it is the simplest example I could think of. Sorry for the confusion

Thank you to everyone who has shown an interest and sent their portfolio my way, I'm going to be sending out emails on Monday