Thread: Kings of the Wylds novel map

Default Kings of the Wylds novel map

One the largest and most detailed maps I've done so far. For the novel Kings of the Wyld, by Nicholas Eames. Coming out in a few months.

The story of a bunch of old adventures that have to regroup to rescue the daughter of of them. SO MANY TREES!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KingsoftheWylds.jpg 
Views:	3288 
Size:	9.13 MB 
ID:	88838
    Last edited by TimPaul; 10-24-2016 at 03:40 PM.

That looks wonderful Tim
    Nice color choices. The change of color for Blackmoor really makes it pop out.

This is fabulous! I Love the style of it all, and all the details like the webs in the Widow's Vale. Great map Tim!

Impressive map Tim ! I really love the tolkieny feel and the fact that you manage to put variety in an endless forest. Kudos for that. I'm curious about something. Many rivers end without a body of water, I'm sure there's an explanation and I was wondering if you could share it with us or if it's something that's in the story.

Oh So many trees!! I love it. You have chosen a wonderful style for this map and the colours are perfectly matched.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I'm curious about something. Many rivers end without a body of water, I'm sure there's an explanation and I was wondering if you could share it with us or if it's something that's in the story.
    Those area's aren't so well known.

The map represents what is commonly known, over the actual factual world. This is a fantasy world, and the Heartwyld is large, dangerous forest that isn't fully explored or understood.

Love it! Perfect rpg and/or fantasy novel map. Very atmospheric. And cool that it is in color. Also: good resolution to look at it...so thanks for that!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's WAY different from anything I've seen you do before, Tim. I quite like it. Kind of reminds me of one of those frontispiece maps from hardcover fantasy novels from back in the day.

Is this for an Orbit author also? You seem to have become their in-house cartographer, which is pretty cool! Based on this map, I'm pretty anxious to find out about the novel...

You nailed the LOTR map style, with pleasant colors. And those forests are amazing! Worth the time used to draw all those trees, I'd say .