Thread: Corsica

Default Corsica

Hello everybody, here's a mix of dem data reworked with qgis, photoshop and qgi2threejs.
    This is a small part of the west coast of corsica, never been there but that seems a beautifull place

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Corse_final4.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.53 MB 
ID:	89283

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I wouldn't have a clue where to start one making something like this, Francissimo so any comments i have may be obsolete. Nonetheless, I think it looks good and a quality representation. It's also great to see how diverse the maps made by this community are in style, content, whilst the passion is the same.

Thanks GLS, the biggest part was to rework textures in photoshop and choose nice colors, the 3D part is quite simple after that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    It's also great to see how diverse the maps made by this community are in style, content, whilst the passion is the same.
    Strongly agree with you on that, the never ending source of inspiration you can find here is so pleasant

That's an awesome work ! I hope to see more in the future

Great set of map Francissimo, I like the modern feeling of it. Are the forest texture done by yourself or did you color some texture already applied ? Have some rep for this wonderfull job.

Thanks for the comment and rep guys
    The forest are a mix of the natural forest textures you can see with an aerial view and some textures/layer effects (drop shadow ect) applied on green pixels.

Hey! I've been there !
    The place is beautiful and your map is impressive ! You're a master of this kind of 3D maps. I love the colors of the coasts and lands.
    One nitpick : your close-up views are not exactly matching the locations "pointed" in the main map, at least in my eyes.

This is fascinating, and very nicely done.

Do you have a WIP thread for this? If not, can you explain how you acquired the DEM data, and the processing steps to reach the final product?

Thanks for the feedbacks guys, i may have been a bit lazy about the pointed icons so they are not perfectly accurate
    About the method i used to acquire DEM data and get dem in 3D i've make a tutorial about this, i think it can be found somewhere on the forum but here's a direct link:
    http://francoisgueydon.jimdo.com/tuto/

I used a few more steps than what you see on the tutorial for this one (rework the 2D map in photoshop for color and texture enhancement) but the basis on how to make a 3D map with DEM is explained.