Thread: My Homebrew World Overview Map

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Map My Homebrew World Overview Map

Hi Everyone, it's my first post on here so forgive me if i don't get things quite right as i'm quite a noob with forum posts. I just wanted to post this map for everyone to see. I've been running a campaign in 5e for a good few months and the players finally bought a map so i decided to show them this one, which i drew 6 months ago. Didn't want to post it beforehand in case they got to see it on here! I will probably add more to it and experiment on it in Gimp some more and possibly make a print out for the players to have as a physical copy before the next session too. All hand drawn and did it mostly on my ipad pro with apple pencil in sketchup. Originally i drew it when sketchup didn't support layers and added borders for kingdoms to the original layer they look a bit weird and eventually i'll erase them and add them on separate layers so i can turn them on and off. The file is slightly bigger than cartographer website allows so i'll post the attachment to my imugur site and hopefully that works. The green gem in the centre of the map is where the players currently are, its a layer which i move around but i mistakenly forgot to turn it off, i will repost the image here without it if i can.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Agarta overview no gem.png 
Views:	323 
Size:	8.36 MB 
ID:	89309

http://imgur.com/uYiaz5l
    Last edited by Imants; 11-10-2016 at 09:23 PM. Reason: i'm a noob

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Wow, that's actually a really cool map! A few inconsistencies with regards to perspective here and there, and from a purely geographical POV I don't like the location of the White March, but the way you've done the rivers, lakes and fields Looks gorgeous, and I love your rolling hills. Congrats!

Guild Applicant

I must say that is really excellent. I am new here but have always done my own Homebrew maps for my games and I really like what you have done. Borders always seem to get in the way for me when mapping. I want them shown but then they look out of place but I really like what you did. Well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Wow, that's actually a really cool map! A few inconsistencies with regards to perspective here and there, and from a purely geographical POV I don't like the location of the White March, but the way you've done the rivers, lakes and fields Looks gorgeous, and I love your rolling hills. Congrats!
    Thanks man, yeah i know what you mean about the white march, i think i needed to put something in that corner and thats what came to mind, i explain it a bit by the mountain being there making everything a bit artificially cold. It was actually the first real map ive drawn since a kid (im almost 40 now), i let go of drawing for a long long time, but since i bought the ipad pro been getting into it again, and realised there are other people out there like me who love a good fantasy map!

Blog Entries

nice but i am having a LSD flash back
    --- 90 seconds to Midnight ---
    --------

--- Penguin power!!! ---

Quote Originally Posted by johnvanvliet View Post
    nice but i am having a LSD flash back
    haha, yeh blame it on adobe sketches colour palette. i haven't explored creating my own pallets yet. I drew another version in super detail with more realistic colours, but my d&d players dont get to see that so i want to keep it secret for now!