Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: November 2016 Challenge: Shrine of the Tangaros

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Oh but GLS! It looks beautiful

Texture and colour is more than half the map, IMHO, and you have done a very excellent job of it.
    Thanks Mouse, and yeah, texture and colouring is always time consuming to get right, so I've tried to get most of done first.

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    This looks really nice, like the layout and the additional elements as well, the background is quite nice too!
    Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Looking good GLS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Looking Great GLS, love the border elements.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    This is looking fab!
    Quote Originally Posted by damonjynx View Post
    Looking good Greg.
    Thanks guys! I'm pretty pleased with how the border is turning out, espcially since my creature/human drawing skills are usually not up to much, but here it seems to be going alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Very nice work on this GLS! The paving is excellent. I like the torches, but I think they might look better if the rest of the rooms looked a tad darker.
    Don't worry Ilanthar, I hopefully should have another update in the next couple of days (time permitting) with a bit of a lighting overhaul, which should be better! Plus I've begun adding more furnishing and other detailings.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Well, as per usual, I ran out of time on this challenge.

It's a version finished for the challenge end, but I may still tweak and change bits and pieces afterwards as I rushed some parts to get it done on time. I learnt a helluva lot in the process of making it though and that's exactly what the chalenges are for!

I hope you like it, and, if I was a bit better at managing my time, I probably could have done a fair bit more on it, but any crits or what not are still welcome.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shrine of Tangaros.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	89834

Its beautiful GLS. I think I'm in love with that really dreamy silver green background. If anything I would have made the grey of the frame a little more similar to the background in average colour, but maybe you will do that by colouring the snakes if you decide to do any more work on it?

Its got my vote anyway.

A really nice piece of work

Nice work GLS, great job coloring.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12