Thread: December Entry: The Siege of Dreeston

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

looks like this will be an entry to keep an eye on, i like the sketch

just wondering, but whats with the lines that converge on a strange looking object, reminds me of a hill.....
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

The webbed lines that are darker are roads. They converge on a square that is a hub of trade and transport. There's a couple in the different districts of this large town/small city.

cool should look great when its done

looking at it again it seems like it might be like a city on a cliff.... which would look great

but thats only if im looking at the sketch right.... oh well, it looks completely different when your head is turned sideways to
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in a rather scornful tone," it means just what I choose it to mean -- neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many things."

"The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master -- that's all."

-Lewis Carrol: Through the Looking Glass

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

Absolutely. There is a cliff to the south that drops to the sea with a waterfall. There are mountains to the NE and NW. The city guards two passes, one to the east and one to the north. The northern pass leads to the ominously named giant's staircase.

The regional map for this area is here

The defences at the eastern extreme of the city limits are here.

Yep, those walls are pretty run down. Certainly no match for the army that comes marching out of the mountains.