Thread: Sarosa Silver Mine

Post Sarosa Silver Mine

My first map upload, not exactly pretty. A good chance to blow off the dust from my Photoshop skills though.
    My next map will most likely involve a grid, i'm thinking... a Castle, maybe.
    If anybody has any suggestions, questions, edits regarding how this map turned out, please by all means let me know.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SarosaSilverMine.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	89450  

Guild Novice

I'm certainly not one to take advice from. But it's a solid start!

I think for me, maybe it could use less contrast in the weathering on the paper texture: some of the blotchy dark spots are too dark. And your wood table is a great touch, but it does show up as a little dark also.

Lightened the table and turned down the opacity on the blots and creases.
    I do agree after lightening it a bit, I feel as if the map is a bit more readable. I just wish I was better at drawing details on the map, all the rooms look the same to me and I hate it.
    I love the fact you liked the table as well, that was a last minute thought. I also wanted to add a mug on the table but I figured that was too much.

Map

Forgot to attach the new map version. Oops.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SarosaSilverMine.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.66 MB 
ID:	89474  

Guild Novice

I think what you've got here does a good job of feeling like something an adventurer or miner sketched out: the style, the weathered parchment, and the table might be the most obvious indicators of that. I think from that perspective, it's OK that you don't have many floor details, and if you did it might actually detract from the style of the map. If there's one thing that could use more distinction, it's maybe that chasm in the top center: I feel like if a person was actually sketching this by hand, they might color it in or something to indicate the depth. Maybe try just shading that part darker and see how that looks to you?

If this was used for tabletop gaming, I could see this as a great player handout, maybe from a grizzled prospector who got chased out of the mine by something frightening.