Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Campaign Setting concept...ideas?

Guild Member Facebook Connected Big Mac's Avatar

Praise

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    I actually abandoned this project because it too closely resembled hollow world in concept, so I didn't want to be a ripoff...I am working on another one thats a bit more traditional, but it has its uniqueness. I'll start a thread eventually.
    I think it is a real shame that you abandoned this world. I'm a big fan of Spelljammer and I don't think I've seen a world quite like this in SJ canon. Obviously it is only a seed, and you need to solve things like the water-cycle of a world where the seas would vanish and rivers would dump water into a black hole. But I think it has a ton of promise and you could tie your solutions into your backstory.

Hollow World is a world on the inside of a hollow planet, while this is a normal planet that essentially has a black hole instead of a core and void instead of sea. That is a totally different starting point, so I really wouldn't see it as a rip off. (It might look more like a rip off if your societies were all based on the Gazetters, from Classic D&D, but you don't seem to have done much yet, so I would have thought that you could backtrack and go in another direction without too much trouble.)

BTW: If you ever do decide to restart this, and don't want to fill this thread up with RPG stats and stuff like how your world disaster fits in with SJ's First Unhuman War and other events, maybe you could split the work between Cartographer's Guild (where you can concentrate on the maps) and another forum (where you can talk in great detail about the geeky crunchy stuff).
    David "Big Mac" Shepheard
    New to cartography and seeking advice - eventual goal to make a large number of maps for the many worlds of the Spelljammer Campaign Setting

Hmmm thread necro!!
    Cheers, Julien

Battlemaps, Town Maps, Tutorials.
    All my maps and content are posted and published under this Creative Commons License. Click Here for information on licensing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12