Thread: Star Wars Freighter Map

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Also, why have the crew go though half the ship and though the cargo bay to get to the escape pods. I love ship plans, but it seems that the art work in most cases dictates the plans and not the relative reality of the situation.

I say, have fun you are doing the work anyways make it better, change the scale, fudge it a little. I’m a Traveller player and I live for the 20% fudge factor in making ship. Most of the time the “factory” or stock ships straight from the rule book violate the standard rules for construction, and Star Wars is even more forgiving.

Wip

Thank you all for the suggestions. Here is a brief update shot with the escape pods, an airlock, and a thicker wall between the crew and cargo areas. We've been playing with this layout for a few months now, so I would have difficulty with the other gamers if I started moving rooms or escape pod locations.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Audacious Albatross 7a.jpg 
Views:	2411 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	8672
    Since we use Wizards of the Coast (WotC) maps sometimes, I have put their door symbol (the blueish rounded rectangle) in all the doorways. [That keeps the symbols consistent from map to map.] Some of them are lighter, which depict hidden doors or not-often-used doors. The original layout (from West End Games, see original post) used a black-to-white gradient for the ramps. I felt that a black-to-transparent gradient worked better for this drawing.

I cannot think of how to better distinguish the cargo lift (in the center of the cargo bay). Currently I have a hazard strip around it. But that doesn't make that area look like it is a cargo lift, just like an area with a hazard strip around it. Any additional criticisms or comments are welcome.

Put a crate on it, maybe?
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name