Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ersïa

Thanks, your majesty !

It annoys me that it annoys you .
    I'm using shaded relief from Earth and Mars (for Mars, it's an oldie from USGS/Nasa & for Earth, it come from naturalearthdata.com). And I kinda paint them with a cloning tool at different level of opacity/
    Concerning the landmasses, I've done a lot of tests and ended with this one... I tend to use some real shapes for inspiration (you can see a bit of Antarctica in the eastern islands of Golant, for example) and I've also used shapes coming from some online world generator.

Guild Member handsome_unlimited's Avatar

Ok, excellent! I've had a lot of attempts at a world map, and even though they're ok, I haven't been able to decide on a style that I really like. Your style has me completely sold. I can foresee a time where people ask for advice on making "Ilanthar-style" maps in the same way that they ask for advice on making "Schley-style" maps!

I know I'm late to this viewing, but it's such a beautiful map I just had to comment. And the global view and flags with it are just above and beyond the call of duty. Killer job.

I finally learned how to give rep so I gave you some for it.

Edit: I think I put this comment in the wrong branch of the thread. Huh. It's supposed to be a reply to the main Ersïa thread...

Thanks a lot, both for the kind comment and the rep, Pananacakes .
    And, I think you're in the right thread. Except if you wanted to comment in the WIP?

What projection did you use?

By Forty-Bot
    What projection did you use?
    None in particular (I think). I just used a classic 2:1 ratio to make it possible to map it on a sphere.

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

Third time I try to rep you for this one, and I still have to come back later...
    I don't want to wait for praising your work, though : a magnificent work of imagination and skill !
    The whole ambiance of the map is so consistent (colors, relief, border, sea, etc.) !
    And the amount of imagination for each of these 115 countries is incredible !
    Congratulations is a poor word in this case !

Thanks a lot for the praise, Jo!
    I started a regional map a few month ago... I may do some more for this world, but I'm not sure how to proceed.
    And please, don't worry about the rep! I hope to deliver other maps soon

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234