Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
Could I do something to the stain directly... I mean print it out and work on by Hand. it would be really good for a hand drawn map.
That was my first thought when I saw it and took the picture. My "skills" such as they are, lie in drawing the land mass, but not the feature there upon. While I try to get to the point where I can be satisfied with my features, it just never happens.

It is a jpeg so you should be able to print it out if you want to, and by all means do so. Let me know how it turns out, cause I would love to see someone else's vision of what it could be.

SG, thanks for the clue I should have thought of that before asking. I mean I did that when I opened it on the background layer, and just never thought of working it directly. I did after reading your post, and the central island is selectable . The "silting" around the coastlines is problematic though. I imagine that there is some sort of work-around for selecting it, but atm the color bleeds too much into the background for a clean select.