Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: City of Mok Torkan

Tonnichiwah, this is fantastic!!! It looks like I'm going to have to reinstall perspectives 3! This is the type of city I've been wanting to do, but didn't know how to go about it!

You have handled this masterfully, and it's absolutely stunning! Definitely worth the rep! And I'm glad I got a chance to get on line so I could give you some!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Oh I like the tonal ones, Tonnichiwa!

Hey Storm

The dog already has a name - King. Look it says so, King's Market. He's sat in the middle of it waiting patiently for the sausage man to turn up

Well ok then, but I have it on very good authority that the goat is called Cherie

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

I found it easier to find Cherie than No $, but eventually did thanks to your help. This map is inspirational, and although I still like the colour version best, the B&W version looks pretty good too (not so much the sepia one). Can't wait to see more cities like this.

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

@Ladiestorm: Thanks, I'm glad you like it Long time no see. I hope all is well with you.

@Mouse: I like them too. Particularly the black and white one. The sepia, not so much. I'm glad you like them as well.

@Straf: Lol...poor dog.

@qwalker:I'm glad you find it inspirational! that always makes me smile when someone is inspired by something I make. I think you will enjoy the next city I do just as much. Though the look will be quite a bit different. Keep your eyes peeled

I keep coming back to look at this one. So much detail to absorb.

And I just noticed the eagle

Impressive use of the program. Great work!

Cheers,
    Tainotim

Nice work, Tonnichiwa! I'm not really up on the whole sheets & styles thing with CC3 but the final result is excellent! Won't be able to rep you again so soon.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Expert Facebook Connected Tonnichiwa's Avatar

@ Mouse: That is what I love about Mike Schley's stuff, there is so much detail. Lol..Glad you saw the eagle.

@Tainotim: Thank you

@ChickPea: Thank you, just think of the word "sheets" as the layers in Gimp. that is all they are. Styles in cc3+ are where a particular artist has sold artwork to them in the form of Icons. Then they assign bitmap fills to the style to help make it flow together. Of course there is the option to change absolutely anything you want, which is what I did with this map. I changed the background to look more like dirt and I had to expand the bitmap fill so the repeating pattern went away and left me with a nice dirt look. Basically cc3+ does a lot of the same thing Gimp or Photoshop does, but automates some of the basic processes so they are faster. it is a full fledged vector graphics program that also handles raster graphics pretty well too. It leaves you the option to use those Icons I was talking about or to completely draw without them as Mouse has shown in a few of her drawings. Most people though, choose to do the icons.

No worries on the rep, but thank you

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast