Thread: Topographical map of the middle east circa 1100, full colour, paid. (KS)

Guild Applicant

Default Topographical map of the middle east circa 1100, full colour, paid. (KS)

Thank you for your interest.

Introduction

I have a game in development set in the time of the Crusades (1097-1291). It will be a Kickstarter campaign. I am fairly flexible on most issues and as a non-artist very willing to listen to professional advice.

I will require one or two artists for the project, only one if I use the same artist for the map and for the other smaller in-game art. The map board is on the critical path of the project.

The Map

I am looking for a map in the style of Merchants and Marauders and Hands in the sea.

The length of the map will be somewhere between 60cm and 80cm, the with somewhere between 40cm and 60cm.

A significant portion of this will be sea or desert and I intend to use these areas for the various tables/charts which the game will require as they will not be utilised by gameplay.

Note that I want the map to be geographically accurate.

Cities will be marked on the map by a square/circle/blob/whatever and will have their names beside them. They are also likely to have a number and 1-3 symbols beside or on top of them and these symbols must be clearly visible.

The game will require quite a lot of lines to be drawn on the map, probably in black.

It is also possible that some of the minor artworks I am considering for the cards in the game might need to be dropped on the map, e.g. a thumbnail sketch of Jerusalem from a game card might be dropped on the board beside Jerusalem. This would not be done if it detracted from the appearance of the game.

Timescales

I would like to have the finished map by the end of January however at a pinch February would be acceptable.

I also expect the board artwork to be used in promotional literature and the rules so segments and snapshots will have to be available.

I further expect that there will be some minor revisions to the artwork between completion and production - these would be revisions such as cropping, adding or removing City Symbol data, changing the lines drawn on the map etc. they would not include revisions to the actual art unless the lines or symbols clashed.

Finance

I expect to pay for the work carried out however I am funding this from a redundancy package so every penny will not just count, it will be required to multiply!

You will be paid promptly for work delivered on time.
    You will maintain version control.
    You will be on time.

Additional Artwork

While I would be delighted to find one artist to do all the work I am expecting that I will have to work with two.

The probable scope of additional artwork is this;
    Game box art for a classic bookshelf size game. (note, I might use the map for some/all of this)
    Rules - this might just require snapshots of the board and the game cards.
    Cards - Probably something like 8 small pieces of art (think MTG cards and the size of their picture) which will either be a set of 8 cities or castles (I'm considering photographs - they are really impressive) or 8 military things.
    Player Boards/Quick Reference Sheets - These will probably be highly functional and may not require any artwork at all.

Remember that this is a kickstarter so some of the above may depend on stretch goals.

Contact

Please contact me on crispin.moakler@gmail.com and include as a minimum the following;

Links to examples of your work.
    Estimation of time required to complete the art.
    Information on the software and format you will use.
    An approximate price.
    Your (rough) geographic location.
    Your name.

Please note that as a new member I do not have access to the PM system until I have made 5 posts. This is my first. Apparently this is to reduce spam.
    To reduce spam you must first become spam!

Thank You.

Hi Crispin, I've moved your comment to the Mapmaking request folder. More people will see it here. Hope you can find someone to work with.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hey Crispin!

I am interested in the project. I am sending an email with work samples.

Regards,

Antonio Frade