View Poll Results: VOTE for your favorite FLYING ISLAND Maps. Vote for as many as you like.

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Abu's Flying Island of Asun by Abu Lafia

15 37.50%
  • Holoste-Castle in the Sky by Bogie

3 7.50%
  • Arctic Base 01-03-63 by damonjynx

1 2.50%
  • The flying city of Badieux by dvg94

24 60.00%
  • Dyson's Floating Isles by Dyson Logos

27 67.50%
  • Steam Island by icemaneli186

26 65.00%
  • Temple of Knowledge by jpstod

1 2.50%
  • Laihlimmo Celeste by mixerbach

1 2.50%
  • Rugtown by Straf

2 5.00%
  • Space Oddity by thomrey

16 40.00%
  • Ruven by Tulio Botinha

1 2.50%
  • Hiria Hegan by UrbaNick6

3 7.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nov / Dec 2016 Lite Challenge: "Map a Flying Island" IT'S VOTING TIME !

Question Nov / Dec 2016 Lite Challenge: "Map a Flying Island" IT'S VOTING TIME !

Nov / Dec 2016 Lite Challenge: "Map a Flying Island" TIME TO VOTE

This month's Lite Challenge asked you to Map a Flying Island. You all stepped up and we have a dozen amazing entries. WOW, just WOW!

Check out the Thumbnails of all these entries, but don't forget to click on each one so you can see them at full size.

CLICK HERE for Challenge Thumbnails & Large maps
    Be Sure to Check The Full Size Maps, don't just look at the thumbnails.

We have 12 entries and you can vote for as many or as few as you like.

The voting will last for 3 days and the winner will receive a shiny silver compass, and maybe Santa will bring them something extra in their stocking!

Regardless of who you vote for, please don't forget to REP everyone you feel deserves it.

AND finally, I have to say that it is just fantastic that with this many entries and with this many people replying and commenting that we maintained a 100% level
    of community support and fellowship. Take that Facebook! This is how it is done!
    Last edited by Bogie; 12-15-2016 at 12:24 AM.

The more i look at them the longet it takes. The pain is that i feel a little sorry for those entries i didn't vote, but definately are also worth the vote . Well at least he have rep system .
    I made a personal rule that i will always vote for max 3 entries no matter what (as for 1st 2nd and 3rd place - it is just in my head).

So
    icemaneli186 with a Steam Island for gread idea and illustration.
    Dyson Logos with Floating Isles for nice composition of great illustration with battlemaps.
    Thomrey with Space Oddity for taking his island above anyone else's from sky to space

It sure was a fun challenge. At first, I told myself I had no spare time but I couldn't resist the idea, thank for this challenge Bogie !
    And thanks for the vote Voolf

I am having the most horrendous problem trying to choose my 3 - I also have a policy of 3 only, even though I sometimes break that rule and go for 4 if there are more than 10 entries.

I may not vote for a couple of days yet to give myself time to meditate on the end results!

EDIT: Its only possible to rep 10 people in 24 hours, so don't feel snubbed if I didn't get that far! LOL!

SECOND EDIT: Ok... I've well and truly broken my own rules! I voted for all the ones I really couldn't ignore - and that makes just about half of them. It was just an impossible task! Sorry! (and now I'm already feeling guilty about not voting for all the rest )
    Last edited by Mouse; 12-15-2016 at 04:01 PM.

Hahaha! I also decided to vote for 3 entries. I think it must be the olympics and their medal system is still fresh in our heads. I may adopt a 'place' system like in horse racing where more entries get 'placed' the larger the field. Or am I giving this too much thought?

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Yep, my genral rule is no more than 3 either, though like Mouse, I sometimes make exceptions.

The entries once again were top notch this month, so choosing those 3 was pretty hard. Great to see plenty of people trying new things and going outside their comfort zone too!

I really wish I had managed to get something entered in this. I did start something, but didn't find the time to finish it and never started a thread, so perhaps it will emerge at some point later on the Guild.

Such incredible maps! For a lite challenge too, some of these could win the regular challenge!
    Good job everyone!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Damn, I have to restrain myself to vote for just 2 entries (and not 5 or 6)! Great job everyone.

Amazing and fantastic entries this month. Great work everyone and many thanks to bogie for proposing such challenge. I voted for 4, as there is so many interesting interpretation of a flying island.

This has been a very difficult vote, and I have broken my 3 rule to vote for 5. I'm sorry to those who I didn't vote for, but I am giving rep. There are a couple I need to wait until tomorrow but I think everyone deserves rep for the imagination and absolute brilliance in putting that onto map. I'm so happy that I had a bash, as it were. I had an idea and wanted to try it so I did - what a great system these challenges are to motivate and stimulate (I'll stop the ates now in case I go to far). I now have a project that I can work on as and when I wish. I have suggestions that will help me along the way. I know it wasn't the best execution of it but as my skills improve (which I hope they will) I am hoping to be able to do a decent version of Rugtown. Rugtown Rebooted

Thanks to everyone who makes this place fun

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast