Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasy map creation/cartography ($70 - $100 per map) 26 maps in total

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Fantasy map creation/cartography ($70 - $100 per map) 26 maps in total

Hello Cartographers Guild,

Thank you for taking the time to view this proposal, it is a monumental task that can, and probably will, be broken down into smaller contracts (agreements) rather than one large one, to alleviate some of the pressure of time scales, work exposure as well as payment considerations; please bear in mind it would be preferable if a singular artist created all for the sake of continuity. I would ideally be looking at the completion of one map per month.

As the title explained, the work is the creation of several maps, twenty six in total, which will cover a world map, continent map, and twenty four regional maps within it.

While i hold a semi specific design in mind for the world map, and continent (singular), i am, of course, extremely flexible when it comes to allowing the artist creative freedoms and hope to have pleasant 'back and forth' conversations with regards to the works, preferably over discord.

Should the artist be willing, there will be six other continents in the future, with many regions, i am sure, all of which will be left almost entirely to the design of the artist at the time, with little input from myself.

It should be noted that, while this is only planned to be for private use, i wish to have ownership over the images. If that is a deterrent, please be aware of that it is a non negotiable part of the agreement.

I would like to remain in contact with the artist during the process to avoid any large discrepancies between vision and design, and it would be preferable to be kept updated with the concept artwork created until completion, which i would also like to retain. Of course to avoid any suspicion cast upon myself it would be entirely understandable, and reasonable, if watermarks were placed on any and all concept artworks handed over prior to completion, though a copy of all without watermarks after finality of the agreement would be splendid.

To summarise:

1 World map, specific design in mind
    1 Continent map, specific design in mind
    24 Regional maps, rough design in mind
    Ownership of images
    Retention of concept art (after completion)
    Watermarked updates of art during the process
    Remaining in contact during the process

It should go without saying that this is a paid commission with payment, delivery dates, and rates, being negotiable, though i was hoping to sit in and around $70 - $100 per map created in finality.

I look forwards to viewing your portfolio and speaking with you.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I would like to add that my email address is:

pte_zedd [at] hotmail [dot] co [dot] uk
    Last edited by Thomas Zubrzycki; 12-07-2016 at 04:02 AM.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Hi Thomas,

I would potentially be interested in the project. Unfortunately, you can't access the PM system until you've had 5 posts, but you can email me at gregoryshipp22 [at] yahoo [dot] co [dot] uk to discuss more details if you'd like.

Here are a few examples of my work:
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...9&d=1478426760
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...1&d=1475779855
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...1&d=1478426862
    https://www.cartographersguild.com/a...9&d=1479293653

Thanks,
    Greg

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Thomas, could you elaborate on the style and size of maps you are looking for (colored vs. black & white, etc. ...)?

Hey Thomas, I might be interested in this project. You can have a look at my portfolio at danielsmaps.com/portfolio/ to get an impression of my work. If you are interested you can contact me at info[at]danielsmaps[dot]com.

I hope to hear from you soon!

-Daniel

Ferrol, Coruña, Spain, Earth, Solar System

Hello Thomas,

Your project seems interesting to me. Here you have some of my last works:

You can contact with me at: info -at- versakestudio -dot- com

Regards,

Antonio Frade

Default Style

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Thomas, could you elaborate on the style and size of maps you are looking for (colored vs. black & white, etc. ...)?
    I apologise for the vagueness but, while i do have a design in mind, i wanted to give the artist, or cartographer, a maximum amount of freedom to allow them the chance to become excited at the project, rather than see it as a dull task for the paycheck.

As such, i have no immediate preference on the style and i encourage you to put forwards whichever works you personally enjoy the most.

As for size, i am uncertain. I have placed forwards my rough budget per map, and quantity of maps required, in the hopes that those who wish to work with me would have an idea themselves, and with it being negotiable.

Tom

Hi there Tom,

I would love to help you if you think I can handle a few.
    Here's a few of maps:

If you are interested I would love to relieve you of some of your work

regards,
    Daan

Hi Tom!

I would be interested in helping out, if my skillset fits your needs. I've sent you an email.

Josiah Van Egmonod
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arcannan.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	90020  

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

I've sent you an email as well, Thomas.

As an update, please do not think I am ignoring your messages or emails. On Friday I wad ran over by a car exceeding the speed limit, running a red light and playing with his phone, which has left me in a bit of a state.

At present I am paralysed down my right side and as a result, the commission will be delayed a few months.

Thank you all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast