Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: December Entry: River Police Station

Wip Xara surface image, Raydream 3D...

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenlicht View Post
    Once again an improvement GP

Do you render the fortress in Xara? If yes could you maybe do a short tutorial about it? I would like to see how you do it.

If not, what are you using for it?
    Xara is not a 3D application. The only thing done by Xara in this map is the texure on the surface - that is the forest, ground, water, stony textures - the image on the terrain is all Xara.

The rest of this design was created using Raydream Studio, an old, nolonger supported 3D application - its the first 3D software I got, and its easy to use, but the rendering isn't all that.

The dropship and the Madcat were modeled using Izware Nendo. I will be creating a few more mechs and probably redoing the mountains with Nendo, texture applied in Raydream and re-rendered.

I created a height map based on the Xara terrain design, used a 3D terrain generator (built into Raydream) to create that 3D surface.

That's about it, so far!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

will there be missiles and explosions??? Please say yes!!!
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post uh....

Yes.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Wip Just made a second battlemech!

OK, I already got a Madcat and its on the map already.

I borrowed a friends miniatures box of mechs, because I need to create at least 3 different kinds of mechs to populate this siege map. The thing is, I have no idea what Battlemech this is - does anyone have an idea! I just thought it looked cool. It looks slightly smaller than a Madcat, maybe in the 65 to 80 ton range with what looks like two large lasers or large pulse lasers on each arm, and missle batteries in the side torsos.

I need to create one more mech, probably one of the smaller humanoid looking mechs, 50 tonner with jump jets. I want a Mech jumping off those mountains to the right bottom of the map.

Once all the mechs are designed and textured - I will start to work on missles in flight with smoke trails, exploding missles and laser energy shots, perhaps a couple misses with explosions, one on soil and one in the river. Then I'll wrap up this map design.

Tell me which mech I created if you please!!!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mech1.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	158.4 KB 
ID:	8470  
    DrivethruRPG store

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I don't know if they're BattleTech or not but I got some mechs from the SketchUp warehouse...an X-Caliber, X-Caliber Lone Wolf, and a Nexus. There are more there and I can snag some if ya want. I can only export them as .kmz but could easily output some .jpgs for ya.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I believe that is a Vulture. The Clan version is called Mad Dog.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Post Thanks for the offer, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Ascension View Post
    I don't know if they're BattleTech or not but I got some mechs from the SketchUp warehouse...an X-Caliber, X-Caliber Lone Wolf, and a Nexus. There are more there and I can snag some if ya want. I can only export them as .kmz but could easily output some .jpgs for ya.
    Thanks Ascension, I really do appreciate the offer, but I prefer to create my own. People remark how fast I am at creating maps/graphics - part of the reason though, is I never use other people's map objects or clipart for graphics, other than photos/textures (which I borrow lots for my work). Thus I am less efficient or fast, because I don't use other's art. I'm a purist in my art - I want a hand in everything I create, that's how I am.

And Thanks, Midgardsormr! I'll be asking again, after I create my next mech!

GP

PS: my plan for some cool backstory, is I'll be creating a two or three page comic with the backstory, and the last page, being the iso-map itself. Fun, huh?

GP
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 12-15-2008 at 12:43 AM.
    DrivethruRPG store

I have always been partial to the Atlas or Awesome for defenders due to the armor and firepower.
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Oh wow, and I thought this looked good on the CBT site... Very nice... (also i sense that be it wolves or vipers that attack us falcons... the Lyran term "hozed" best describes their fate!)

Wip Smoke trails and Comic Cover design

While I was creating my missle models, practicing with smoke trail graphics, I decided to create the cover art for my comic book - the theme for the backstory (just add some extra fun!)

I'm doing some research on the Wolf Clan and the Jade Falcon Clan to get the story "right". Clan Wolf has received some Intel that the Jade Falcon planet called Samarkand is a secret black ops science laboratory - and its a little too close to Wolf Clan space lanes. So it needs to be eliminated.

Anyway, enjoy - I really hope to create a 2 or 3 page comic to go with this...

GP

(oh, no WIP tag, since this isn't the actual map)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	clan-vs-clan.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	468.5 KB 
ID:	8486  
    DrivethruRPG store

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast