Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: (WIP) Acur Coasts... (part 3)

Well, I'm just passing by to say that your labels are excellent, imo.

Very nice work! I wish I had something this detailed for a topographic map (well, I'm working on a more detailed version for Aduhr, but progress has been fairly slow).

It's interesting that you chose to make a relatively modern map (with railroads and air ports), it's very rare to see something like that in the context of a fantasy world. Do you have any plans to make some kind of "historical atlas" like Tiluchi was planning to do, or just map the different states in the "present day" of Maward?

Thank you, Ilanthar, thank you, Charerg.

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    I wish I had something this detailed for a topographic map (well, I'm working on a more detailed version for Aduhr, but progress has been fairly slow).
    It took me quite some time to get to this point, and it's far from finished.. My starter thread was back in january, 2014...

Quote Originally Posted by Charerg View Post
    It's interesting that you chose to make a relatively modern map (with railroads and air ports), it's very rare to see something like that in the context of a fantasy world. Do you have any plans to make some kind of "historical atlas" like Tiluchi was planning to do, or just map the different states in the "present day" of Maward?
    Back in my teens, the world evolved from an original fantasy island. Most of what I created then was related to modern times but it's all lost. Indeed, I'm the alternative within the alternative, on that issue.

Nowadays, being a science teacher myself, a history lover and an avid consumer of maps and geography-related content, I want it all - I've created some "historical" maps, some "didactic" maps concerning history or planetary science, modern maps and a lot of graphical-notes-not-worthy-of-being-named-a-map-and-never-posted.

I've no advice or critique to offer. Just wanted to say that what you're doing here is fab and it looks so professional. Great work!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thanks, ChickPea,

praise is the best form of encouragement and you guys keep at it.

And on that note, this map is finished! I decided not to name the sandbank/ islands and doing the border/legend/scale was fairly easy as it had to be the exact style of the other two previously released maps...
    here's a little proof, a better picture is posted on the finished maps section.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Acur_Zelandyi_Coast_2016_small.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	411.6 KB 
ID:	94584

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12