Thread: Demonic Medieval Fantasy Maps

Default Demonic Medieval Fantasy Maps

TAKEN - THANKS FOR YOUR INTEREST

Project Scope:
    Small press roleplaying game to be distributed in digital format. Product will be put out for D&D 5E, accompanied with free translation to 13th Age rules. Project is through playtesting and now going through editing and refinement.

Design Concept / Setting:
    Medieval fantasy adventure with heavy influence from grim, dark sources like DOOM. Dungeon crawler through the dreamlike hellscapes of Charon's demnse. A lot of demonic, surreal stuff. Cybernetics and radioactive nukage mixed in with swords and sorcery deathtrap dungeon. \m/

Number of Maps:
    Two big maps.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crown-map2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	4.39 MB 
ID:	90351

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crown-map-2b.JPG 
Views:	57 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	90352

Technical:
    300 dpi minimum. Jpg, tiff, or png files
    Full color

Copyright:
    Remains with cartographer.
    Publisher retains right to reproduce the maps in the setting sourcebook and for promotional materials.

Deadline:
    A little flexible, looking at a Spring 2017 release

Payment:
    $100, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files (Map A).
    $50, payable via Paypal upon delivery of the final files (Map B).
    PDF copies of the finished book upon publication

Ross, Casey Steven
    ddeadventures (at) gmail (dot) com
    Last edited by DDE Adventures; 12-22-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Hey Casey, interesting setting you have there.

Unfortunately I predict you won't easily find someone willing to do this for the money you're willing to spend. FYI, I'm only a part-time freelancer, but my rate for a black & white version for a commercial license would already be twice as much as you're offering, half of it up front. Most people here won't touch large, full-color maps below a couple hundred bucks a piece.

Still, best of luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Hey Casey, interesting setting you have there.

Unfortunately I predict you won't easily find someone willing to do this for the money you're willing to spend. FYI, I'm only a part-time freelancer, but my rate for a black & white version for a commercial license would already be twice as much as you're offering, half of it up front. Most people here won't touch large, full-color maps below a couple hundred bucks a piece.

Still, best of luck to you.
    Have to agree with Wired- I'm a very experienced artworker, hunting for a suitable first map project to get in to it, but I couldn't take this on. It's not the cash, though I agree with Wired on that front, it's the time it would take to make anything worthwhile from what you have. The maps and concept are great, but a lot of clean up and polishing would be needed, then there'd be amends, etc. Stick at it though, there'll be a way to get this done somehow and it'd be great to see it given the love it deserves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Runninghead View Post
    Have to agree with Wired- I'm a very experienced artworker, hunting for a suitable first map project to get in to it, but I couldn't take this on. It's not the cash, though I agree with Wired on that front, it's the time it would take to make anything worthwhile from what you have. The maps and concept are great, but a lot of clean up and polishing would be needed, then there'd be amends, etc. Stick at it though, there'll be a way to get this done somehow and it'd be great to see it given the love it deserves.
    Yes, time is at the source of the problem. I generally calculate my comission prices based on hourly rates (and still a good deal below industry standard at that), and given the size, desired style and coloration of the above mentioned maps I would end up with well below the (German) minimum wage. I do find the comission interesting, but the payment simply stands in no relation to the time that needs to be invested.

Hmmm yeah, thanks for the input!

Quote Originally Posted by DDE Adventures View Post
    Hmmm yeah, thanks for the input!
    Yes, I can imagine it's not what you'd hoped DDE but don't vanish- I'm looking in to some automated solutions early next year that may help with this kind of project (you'll still need an experienced hand at the wheel though) so you may yet find TCG pays off for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Runninghead View Post
    Yes, I can imagine it's not what you'd hoped DDE but don't vanish- I'm looking in to some automated solutions early next year that may help with this kind of project (you'll still need an experienced hand at the wheel though) so you may yet find TCG pays off for you.

Just to let you know that the automated process is being handicapped by some bugs with Adobe Illustrator, so I'm having to write a script to overcome this. It's a delay of a couple of months (realistically) but you're not forgotten.