Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: The Garnok region of Baldimar

Blog Entries

I like that you've combined brushes to make bigger brushes. I hoped that would happen (that's all I've done to make the city icons that I've done so far so there's nothing to stop other doing the same if they require cities.)
    I'm not wildly in love with your colouring on that city though, just a few bright colours that stand out too much. But then I didn't like the yellow conical roof on the castle you put in but I guess that is growing on me now. Hehe.

My favourite part of your map so far though? Your swamp. I think that looks amazing.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Another update. I added a lake beside the large town, so I had to redo the water stroke. I also removed the thin outline around the swamp... and like it much better now....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ParchmentMap4.png 
Views:	89 
Size:	3.16 MB 
ID:	19571  
    My Finished Maps
    Works in Progress(or abandoned tests)
    My Tutorials:
    Explanation of Layer Masks in GIMP
    How to create ISO Mountains in GIMP/PS using the Smudge tool
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramah View Post
    I like that you've combined brushes to make bigger brushes. I hoped that would happen (that's all I've done to make the city icons that I've done so far so there's nothing to stop other doing the same if they require cities.)
    I'm not wildly in love with your colouring on that city though, just a few bright colours that stand out too much. But then I didn't like the yellow conical roof on the castle you put in but I guess that is growing on me now. Hehe.

My favourite part of your map so far though? Your swamp. I think that looks amazing.
    Thanks... I got the swamp brushes from Starraven (I think thats the name) who uploaded a nice big group of PS brushes a few months ago.

Just keep checking it out... the colors will grow on ya....
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:
    Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

OK... another update... I redid the forest strokes to make them consistent in width as well as added a few additional wooded sections. I plan to redo the forest shadows also. With that, a few additional town icons, and some labeling, the end is finally in sight.... Perhaps within the week, if not, I am off after Christmas, so it's almost sure to be done before the year ends...yeah!

Views:	80 
Size:	3.19 MB 
ID:	19681  
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Looking fabulous. Can't wait until the end!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Ok... Very minor update...

I created a tile for fields and rotated from a crosshatch pattern someone did here somewhere. It is not perfectly seamless, but on this image, it's not that big a deal. Note really sure if it matches this map or not, but figured I would give it a try and see what others think.

Views:	76 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	19721  
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I couldn't find it at first then was like "duh". The color might need to be yellow or orange or something, maybe darker, but style-wise I think it fits just fine.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Blog Entries

I think it might look a little better if it was rotated round so that it was more in line with with the iso lines of the city. Like, 10-15 degrees clockwise or something.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Ok.. Thanks to Ramah for pointing it out, and a HUGE thanks to Torstan with helping get the pattern right and tillable.

In this revision, I cleaned up a few issues with parts of the map being to dark where I needed it to be lighter.

I also added more fields using the new pattern image Torstan helped me with. Still a bit more to do with another few towns/cities(2-4 or so) and then labels. Was thinking of actually labeling this with Runes instead of human type fonts, but may use the Thor(?) font instead... just not sure as of yet.

Views:	66 
Size:	3.67 MB 
ID:	20097  
    My Finished Maps
    My Tutorials:

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

I think that pattern's a bit too subtle for me at that scale. I think you might want to bump up the scale a little or reduce the paper texture a little. I'd say it's pretty hard to get details in a map that are of a smaller scale than the paper texture.

Looking good though. I like all the location icons - they blend into the map really well.

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast