Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 53 - The Hustleflow Ward [Voolf]

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Looking great, Voolf

Your neighbours will probably enjoy that market area. A wise move - to put your goods on sale where the neighbours can see them

One more update today before i go to sleep.
    I made the River Police Academy. Jee... this took me a lot of time. I have no idea how people draw those beautiful buildings so fast, and even without straight lines. Tablet with display maybe ?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_draft.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	4.45 MB 
ID:	91206

Haha, no that would be cruel Straf.

Did the dorms. This is clearly based on J.E. WIP. I won't even hide it. I took all his advices to heart, also got his permission to use simillar rooftops. Nothing has been copied though!

I find this extra iluminating, learn new things, it is a great excercise. But on the other hand very very frustrating. It takes loads of time, redoing and thinking about the layout. Making it without straigh lines - impossible to me at this point.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Guild_City_draft.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	4.07 MB 
ID:	91249

Guild Expert

This looks great so far Voolf, how did you get those nice clean lines?

I used a line tool in Krita. You just drag from one point to another and it creates a straight line for you. Ps and Gimp has same tool.
    I also use tablet with pen pressure, this allows me to get thicker and thiner lines depending on how hard i push and drag the line.

Very nice! How do you make the building shapes so perfect? Whenever I do it they end up all skewed.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Very nice! How do you make the building shapes so perfect? Whenever I do it they end up all skewed.
    I am using assistant tool in Krita which allows me to place thin lines. After i place first building general shape, i use the assistant lines (place parallel, perpendicularly or any other way that i want to have) to draw adjacent walls at high precision. They are not perfect though, some are skewed - i dont measure the angles - but not as much humas eye can catch it right away.
    This is really slow process though. I find it best solution using simple tablet. I guess with display tablet you can draw pretty nice shapes just with hand.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward
    I agree, it's moving along well Voolf
    I like the GPS store
    Thanks to your advices, so thank you.

I agree, it's moving along well Voolf
    I like the GPS store

My goodness! For someone who claims to have no idea you certainly have quite a few great things stored up in you.

Those buildings are beautiful, Voolf

Thanks Mouse, well i did not have any idea, but day after day i collect some thoughts and move forward slowly. Right now i am stuck again and have to think what other buildings should be :/

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast