Thread: WIP Map - Suggestions on polishing stages?

Help WIP Map - Suggestions on polishing stages?

Hello Everyone,
    This is my first map ever, so any suggestions made towards it is very welcome. It is entering into a stage where large amounts of refinement in its design are needed to bring it up to a professional level, especially in regards to the exterior designs around the map (although they seem to use historical art, and since this is fantasy, I'm not sure what help can be given there). The design I wanted to be mainly using historical mapping techniques, and icons to look as if they were drawn on. Anyway, any suggestions you may have, please feel free to share with me, and any critiquing is also welcome (I don't bite too much )
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LauLau_Gran_Political.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	7.88 MB 
ID:	91074  

Guild Adept Facebook Connected Mimine's Avatar

This is a nice map! I would however make it a little more delicate. I would reduce the width of the separating lines in your territories. I like that you dashed the areas that were less important, it makes the eye circulate better in the map! Keep up the good work!
    Si tu n'as rien fait pour ton rêve aujourd'hui, est-ce que c'est vraiment ton rêve? - Fred Pellerin

Twitter -> https://twitter.com/benoit_janie

Quote Originally Posted by Mimine View Post
    This is a nice map! I would however make it a little more delicate. I would reduce the width of the separating lines in your territories. I like that you dashed the areas that were less important, it makes the eye circulate better in the map! Keep up the good work!
    Thanks for the comment, i realised that too when I uploaded it and looked at some other maps on the forums. At first I though making them too small would defeat its purpose, but I'll definitely get to work on fixing it.