Personal Replies

Steel General: Interesting screen name... Thanks for your comment.

Ascension: I appreciate your commenting on my maps. Gonzo Bay is a very old map -- one of the first I ever made. You can find it on the Simtropolis STEX.

Redrobes: Thank you so much for your enjoyable comments. I really need to stoping being a "cheap so-and-so" and purchase World Machine Standard which takes away the resolution restriction.

Once I've created the SC4 map, it is ready to be used in SimCity for regional development. This includes creating farms, villages, towns, cities, "laying down" various flora, etc. all using either Maxis-supplied or member-created custom content.

I have used Wilbur. It is a really interesting application and one with which I have had quite a bit of fun.

I'll have to read through your "Thatching for Dummies" thread as well as check out your height maps. Thanks!

Korash: Thanks for your comment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to take a moment and let you know I believe I've decided upon the first "project" I'm going to attempt as a member of the Cartographers' Guild.

I'm quite taken by Pyrandon's tutorial entitled An "Artistically Accurate" RPG City Map in PhotoShop.

So much so that I am going to use this tutorial to create my first Cartographers' Guild project. I do have PhotoShop and Paint Shop Pro and have downloaded GIMP as well as Inkscape. I'm sure that between these great applications and following the tutorial, I will be able to produce a good Medieval City Map with Surronding Countryside.

I'll post my progress in this thread and do look forward to your comments and constructive critisicm.

Regards,

Gary