Hi, All.

Here is the fourth and final map in the Wamusco Map Series.

The Wamusco Series: Wamusco Volcano

What in the world is a "Wamusco"? Well, I don't have a clue, either. I go through quite a process when naming my maps and, to be honest with you, I was at a loss as to what to call these four maps. Suddenly, without warning and totally out of the blue, a thought came into my head -- "Call them Wamusco." It sounded just strange enough to work. Consequently, the four maps I am presenting to you all have the word "Wamusco" in their titles.

I will be presenting a SC4Terraformer 2D (with city boundaries) and 3D views of each of the four region maps. I'll also be showing a SC4 umodded rendering of each map and a SC4 modded rendering of each map showing a different terrain mod.

Let me give you a bit of the history behind how this map was created. This map is my results from a World Machine tutoria. Using World Machine 2 Basic, I "hooking up" my devices and setting the various device parameters to my liking, I saved the resulting .TMD terrain file as a 16-bit .PNG file. I then imported the .PNG file into SC4Terrafomer and, using that excellent application, "tweaked" the terrain to ensure it looked as close to the original .TMD file as possible. Finally, I did some flattening, smoothing and contouring to make the resulting region a bit more "playable" in SimCity 4.

All of the maps have region dimensions of 513 x 513 pixels and config.bmp dimensions of 8 x 8 pixels. (The reasoning here is because World Machine 2 Basic only supports region sizes of up to 513 x 513 pixels. One has to purchase the Standard or Professional version to support larger regions.)

Wamusco Volcano

Original World Machine .TMD Output File

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wamusco Volcano 24SEP08.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	8336

SC4TF 2D Region View With City Boundaries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02 - SC4TF 2D Region with Cities.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	48.4 KB