Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Jan / Feb '17 Lite Challenge: Opikanoba, daughter of the mists

Thanks Mouse, I had started to search some ways to do so. It'll need some polishing first.

Thanks a lot Straf ! About the question, no need to ask, here's the answer. This method of concealing messages was used by the Bishop of Richelieu's spies. No need to carry any ink, you can get it pretty quickly when needed and fireflies emit some UV light revealing the message. Richelieu's intelligence service baffled the spaniards and the english for years with this simple trick. And thanks for the praises

EDIT : argh ! I've been ninjaed !

Thanks a lot GLS and Tom, I'm glad you like it, it was very fun to do

Awesome job, Thomrey. I reckon you've got a winner...
    Glory is the reward of valour.

My blog at: damonjynx.blogspot.com.au

Finished Maps

Thanks damonjynx but let's not get ahead of ourselves. The deadline ain't there yet

It's looking good! I like very much the idea and the gif is a nice trick (makes me think of what Francissimo did once or two).
    Your forests are different but still very good on this one.

Guild Member

That is awesome! The hidden message looks great, a very cool idea.

The mountains and colour scheme are really nice as well, it was fun to watch this one come together.

Thanks Ilanthar and ReverendRover ! It was fun indeed to try some new things (even if the base is pretty much my usual turf).

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

Great map, thomrey, and brilliant idea with the invisible ink! If I may make a suggestion, though. Make a few more steps in-between the brightest and the darkest map, to make the transition more fluid. And perhaps let the darkest picture stay a bit longer before the loop begins anew so it'll be easier to read the hidden text.

Thanks a lot Rongar ! Unfortunately, I tried uploading a more detailed picture but it was too big (certainly be ause the post also contained two higher resolution pics) so I settled on a 100dpi gif with five images, doubling first and last. I realise I could do better by posting only the gif. I won't have time to do it as i take a few minutes only to answer your post : I just welcame my first baby girl, Alice ! You cannot imagine how happy I am

Ooooh!!!!

Congratulations!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Thanks a lot Rongar ! Unfortunately, I tried uploading a more detailed picture but it was too big (certainly be ause the post also contained two higher resolution pics) so I settled on a 100dpi gif with five images, doubling first and last. I realise I could do better by posting only the gif. I won't have time to do it as i take a few minutes only to answer your post : I just welcame my first baby girl, Alice ! You cannot imagine how happy I am
    Aww, congrats Thomas!! That's fantastic news.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast