Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Concrete/Rock Textures

Photos 4-6

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete04.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	8.74 MB 
ID:	91794 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete05_comp.JPG 
Views:	39 
Size:	9.45 MB 
ID:	91798 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete06_comp.JPG 
Views:	38 
Size:	8.55 MB 
ID:	91799
    Last edited by Mouse; 01-25-2017 at 02:38 PM.

Photos 7-9 (these in particular have dreadful redundancy!)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete07.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	8.67 MB 
ID:	91795 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete08.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	8.67 MB 
ID:	91796 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Concrete09.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	9.50 MB 
ID:	91797

Thank you very much for letting me have a play with your concrete!

I hope you like them

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thank you very much for letting me have a play with your concrete!

I hope you like them
    You're welcome! They look pretty good!

Nice work mouse! Thanks for the textures egdcltd.

Thanks Bogie I'm not terribly good at the photographic end of things, but I get an itch to make a texture if I see a photo that's just asking for it!

@egdcltd - do you mind if people use your photos and the textures derived from them in their maps - maps they might sell?

Just asking so that we all know what's what

I don't mind if you don't

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Nice work mouse! Thanks for the textures egdcltd.
    You're welcome! A familiar name - do I recognise it from the Dundjinni forums (and what the heck's wrong with that site)?

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Thanks Bogie I'm not terribly good at the photographic end of things, but I get an itch to make a texture if I see a photo that's just asking for it!

@egdcltd - do you mind if people use your photos and the textures derived from them in their maps - maps they might sell?

Just asking so that we all know what's what

I don't mind if you don't
    I may have more textures in the future that you can have a fiddle with. No, I don't have a problem with people using the images in commercial products. It's always useful to have assets that can be used without problems. The only thing I would object to is people selling the textures themselves as textures (although if you can sell them, talk to me, I'm willing to discuss terms). I'll edit the first post to make that clear so that people don't have to trawl through the thread to find it.

Bogie is Dundjinni's Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by egdcltd View Post
    ...I may have more textures in the future that you can have a fiddle with. No, I don't have a problem with people using the images in commercial products. It's always useful to have assets that can be used without problems. The only thing I would object to is people selling the textures themselves as textures (although if you can sell them, talk to me, I'm willing to discuss terms). I'll edit the first post to make that clear so that people don't have to trawl through the thread to find it.
    Thanks, egdcltd I just wanted to be absolutely sure that we were both ok about everything

And thanks for the offer, but I don't have any plans to sell any textures, and I likewise would be a bit put-out if anyone started selling those I make to share. I already have quite a few in my texture album (link in my signature below) - again: use and share for private or commercial, but not for resale in their own right.

Sometimes it can be a problem finding affordable graphics with the right license to use them that it's always helpful to increase the amount available. I may take some pictures of weeds (winter; the light's terrible at the moment!), especially if someone can easily remove the backgrounds.

I think you might need to get someone else to help you with the transparency aspect.

I can do it, but it does depend a lot on the complexity of the picture and whether its absolutely pin sharp in focus, since I only have Corel Photopaint 11 to work with (20 years out of date), as opposed to something like Vertus fluid mask (which would do the job for you at the press of a button, if you had it).

There are a couple of transparent pngs in my texture collection. The snow is a Genetica library texture with inbuilt transparency based on a fractal pattern node, and the smoke textures are ones I made by using the colour pick transparency tool in Photopaint on dead simple graphics - as you can tell because they aren't that perfect (though ok for smoke).

You never know - someone might come along and chip in. We could end up with a quite a texture factory here

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast