Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Middarmark - fantasy commission

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Lovley work as always Max! I think ChickPea summed it up perfectly, with such great detail but without ever muddling the piece. I lov eyour little illustartions too and the travel time/distance bars are a great touch.

Hey max, honestly, i don't see why you are that hard on your own map. It looks really good. I saw it over on the KS page and i was wondering when you'd post it up here. Nice to see it now
    I think it's a good representation of your skills, even if it is older. It's not as if you can reinvent the wheel on cartography anyway. I like it a lot. But now i do wonder how you'd do it if you had to do it now And a colored version would be interesting to see as well.

Anyway, as always, well done!

I am really considering backing this...the big big problem is the ridiculous shipping charges and - sorry to say - Luke Crane being kind of an ass (he definitely has low online-social-skills and customer-handling-skills are abyssmal).
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wired View Post
    Wonderful map, just love your B&W style. Ironically, I'm of the opposite opinion regarding the icebergs/ice sheet, as I think the angular shapes help a lot as being visual pointers, helping the eye distinguish between "oridnary" coastal shapes and polar ice sheets/icebergs.
    Thanks WIred !

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    Great map Max ! Even if it's not realistic (and I do not say it should) I love the glassy effect on the ice cap. And the compass is great. No running away, never
    Thanks, yea conveying ice on a B&W map isn't always that easy. I ended up with this on this one, evocative ways working sometimes better than realistic ones

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Lovley work as always Max! I think ChickPea summed it up perfectly, with such great detail but without ever muddling the piece. I lov eyour little illustartions too and the travel time/distance bars are a great touch.
    Thank you GLS

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    Hey max, honestly, i don't see why you are that hard on your own map. It looks really good. I saw it over on the KS page and i was wondering when you'd post it up here. Nice to see it now
    I think it's a good representation of your skills, even if it is older. It's not as if you can reinvent the wheel on cartography anyway. I like it a lot. But now i do wonder how you'd do it if you had to do it now And a colored version would be interesting to see as well.

Anyway, as always, well done!
    Thanks Eilathen. Maybe you're right, I'm probably a bit hard on me on this one

It's indeed a very good map Max! The icebergs work very well in my opinion. I think they actually match with the rest of the map. There's not much to comment on, it's a splendid map as always, even though it's an older one.

-Dan

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Damn, all the cool projects cartographers are here - so nice to see this! Inspiring map, -Max-, as always! I also like that you managed to keep this clear despite the amount of details you put in it.
    May I ask just because I'm curious: Do you find it funny to look back to a project you did 3 years ago and only now got to show it? I often feel funny posting work I did so long ago just because I find so many things I would have done different now... =)

Best wishes, I'll rep if I can,
    Steffen
    Visit me on ArtStation.

I don't think It looks 'old'!

Oh you mean old to your eyes - but this is the first time I've seen it, and its beautifully drawn

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

It surely is, we all see it the first time now, but yes: I mean if it feels weird to himself
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Guild Member Facebook Connected Thordred's Avatar

I would love to see this in colour, it looks amazing!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thordred View Post
    I would love to see this in colour, it looks amazing!
    Thank you Thordred

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    May I ask just because I'm curious: Do you find it funny to look back to a project you did 3 years ago and only now got to show it? I often feel funny posting work I did so long ago just because I find so many things I would have done different now... =)
    Steffen
    My thoughts exactly Thanks Steffen, glad to see you around

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12