Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Middarmark - fantasy commission

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Map Middarmark - fantasy commission

Hey Guilders,

3 years ago, I was commisioned by the guys at the Burning Wheel to draw a map of Middarmark, an adventure world for their Torchbearer RPG. They finally launched and succeed a small kickstarter this month for this product so here it is.
    Though the style looks a bit well...old to my eyes now, I hope you'll like it. As usual feel free to rate, rep or run away

© Burning Wheel 2017 - All rights reserved

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Middarmarkweb.jpg 
Views:	671 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	91766

Awesome, I love your B&W maps. Reminds me of all my fantasy books with maps inside to track main character as the story goes

Can't rep you now

Fantastic work, Max. You always manage to convey a lot of detail and geographical features without ever losing clarity. The line work is excellent and I love the title block area with the dragon illustrations.

Three years since the map was commissioned and it's only now seeing the light of day?! Wow.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Thank you Voolf and Chickpea

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Fantastic work, Max. You always manage to convey a lot of detail and geographical features without ever losing clarity. The line work is excellent and I love the title block area with the dragon illustrations.

Three years since the map was commissioned and it's only now seeing the light of day?! Wow.
    Yea, 3 years... Honestly, I was wondering if it would be released one day Well, that wouldn't have been such a big deal if not, since like I said, now I'm looking this three years old map, I say myself that I wouldn't go the same way if I had to do it now.

Another beautiful piece... I really envy your ability to do such a good job just in B&W. The only thing I'm not so fond of is the icebergs zone. A bit too "square" in form to my taste.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    Excellent line art!
    Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    It's a splendid piece Max.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Another beautiful piece... I really envy your ability to do such a good job just in B&W. The only thing I'm not so fond of is the icebergs zone. A bit too "square" in form to my taste.
    Thank you Guys !
    @ Ilanthar: Yea, this looks like a bad habit I'm having when drawing icebergs.

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

Wonderful map, just love your B&W style. Ironically, I'm of the opposite opinion regarding the icebergs/ice sheet, as I think the angular shapes help a lot as being visual pointers, helping the eye distinguish between "oridnary" coastal shapes and polar ice sheets/icebergs.

Great map Max ! Even if it's not realistic (and I do not say it should) I love the glassy effect on the ice cap. And the compass is great. No running away, never

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast