Thread: Hello Everyone

Guild Applicant

Info Hello Everyone

Hello Everyone

I'm new to the Guild here. I've been watching the guild from place like FB and G+. I've enjoyed all the fantastic maps over the past year. So much so that its re-kindled an old passion in drawing out maps.
    I used to do personal fantasy maps for gaming back in the early 90's on paper. Since then I have put down the pen and took up the camera and became a Landscape Photographer. I know my way around PS fairly well except when it comes to creating images from scratch. I'm looking for tutorials on how to do maps digitally. I can see the layering capabilities of PS being a real asset. However I'm sure there is a million other things PS can do that I have not touched yet.

Thanks..

Hi SirThunderWolf, and welcome.

There are many Photoshop users at the Guild, so if you need help, don't be shy to ask. We've got a bunch of tutorials in PDF format here (scroll down a bit for the PS ones). It would be worthwhile downloading a couple of try, as they'll teach you basics like how to create land masses etc., and you can take these skills further on your own. This 'Quick Start' comment is also worth a look. Hope that's helpful, but if you can't find what you need, just ask.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Guild Applicant

Default Thanks

Thanks for the welcome.

I've already begun diving into the PDF's thanks for the info..