Thread: Hi everyone!

Wip Hi everyone!

Hello, my fellow cartographers! My name is Lori (please excuse the slightly extravagant name). I've been a fan of cartography and fantasy maps pretty much my whole life, but I hadn't made a map in ages until I took up D&D last year and stumbled upon this fair website. You guys inspired me to try my hand at it! I'm currently working on a map for the D&D campaign I'm running: the continent of Edrania. I just finished the lineart in Adobe Illustrator, and I would love to hear what you think! I will definitely be posting more WIPs as it progresses.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	edrania lineart.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	789.6 KB 
ID:	91955

Hi Lori and welcome to the Guild! That's a fantastic map you've got there, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next. I highly recommend starting a thread in the World/Regional WIP folder and posting there, as not everyone checks the Intro threads, and this deserves to be seen by more people. I was very surprised that you used Illustrator, as it doesn't look vector at all!

If you need help with anything, just ask.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Discuss

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Hi Lori and welcome to the Guild! That's a fantastic map you've got there, and I'm looking forward to seeing what you do next. I highly recommend starting a thread in the World/Regional WIP folder and posting there, as not everyone checks the Intro threads, and this deserves to be seen by more people. I was very surprised that you used Illustrator, as it doesn't look vector at all!

If you need help with anything, just ask.
    Thanks so much, ChickPea! I actually hand-drew most of the linework beforehand and then imported it into Illustrator- maybe that's why it doesn't look like usual vector. I still haven't found a method for digitizing lineart that I'm happy with– usually I put it into Photoshop and then have to clean it up/re-draw it there. While this foray into Illustrator was still quite time-intensive, I'm quite happy with the results.

I love your layout but I think it could do with a little bit more detail on the linework.