Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Sunset Coast and The Middling Realms

Awesome work!

OK, I have to say that I prefer the forests in the first one... Does this makes of me a bad person ?
    The other forest style is also good, but I don't really like the "backside" of it.
    That being said, the maps are gorgeous and I really like the idea to see two versions of it .

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Gorgeous work, Thomas! All the maps are attractive, though the first one is my favourite. I love the textured feel of the land. It works beautifully without ever losing legibility. Your illustrations are fabulous too. Just great work all round!
    Thanks a lot ChickPea ! And thanks for the post on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Awesome work!
    Thanks Tom ! Long time no see, I hope you're cooking some awesome map for us to gaze at

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    OK, I have to say that I prefer the forests in the first one... Does this makes of me a bad person ?
    The other forest style is also good, but I don't really like the "backside" of it.
    That being said, the maps are gorgeous and I really like the idea to see two versions of it .
    Thanks Ilanthar ! You'll see plenty of the first forests on my maps I guess And I'll become better for the second type. You got any pointers on how to better the backside ? I thought about having shorter tops.

Wow, these maps are fantastic! You and Daniel did a terrific job; I kept flipping back and forth between the two versions. This must have been a really fun project to collaborate on.

Superbes cartes Thom!!
    Un mélange entre cartes de pirates et cartes de Livres dont vous êtes le héros!!

Really great work on this Thomas. And congrats for this new commission which turn really good. You have found your personnal style and i'm glad to see you developing it map after map. Repped.

Quote Originally Posted by jshoer View Post
    Wow, these maps are fantastic! You and Daniel did a terrific job; I kept flipping back and forth between the two versions. This must have been a really fun project to collaborate on.
    Thanks a lot jshoer ! It was quite fun and a bit odd at times to compare both works indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by fol2dol View Post
    Superbes cartes Thom!!
    Un mélange entre cartes de pirates et cartes de Livres dont vous êtes le héros!!
    Merci fol2dol ! Tu pourras peut-être les voir en format papier, les romans semblent prévu à la parution française.

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    Really great work on this Thomas. And congrats for this new commission which turn really good. You have found your personnal style and i'm glad to see you developing it map after map. Repped.
    Thanks Warlin ! I guess you're right about the style but as Abu Lafia pointed in some recent post, we keep taking inspiration in the work of others. This map wouldn't exist without people like torstan, - Max -, J.Edward, Caenwyr, DanielHasenbos, Abu Lafia and many many others. The same can be said about one of my latest production heavily inspired by J.Edward and a certain Warlin We build our techniques organically feeding of each other yet ending up with personal work

I changed the files in the first post, the quality should be a little bit better.

Guild Applicant

Working with Thomas and Daniel on these maps was an absolute privilege, and it’s great to see such positive feedback from this forum (which I’ve come to recognize as the den of a very skilled group of artisans). I feel we’ve created a very special series of fantasy maps, and I’m definitely in debt to Thomas and Daniel for their dedication and patience with me during the entire process.

Thomas was easy to work with, always keen to get things “just right” even if it meant drawing 10,000 trees, and was always prompt with his updates and insightful with his feedback. Daniel was the same, and I intend to commission more maps from them in the future - even if they’re only for my own purposes (publishers might not need huge, colour world maps, but I DO!)

There’s something very special about seeing your world come to life. Thanks again, guys!

Stefan

Guild Adept

Superbe série beaucoup de finesse
    Bravo

Thanks a lot for the praise Stefan ! Working with you is a very good experience too ! Being able to bounce ideas with the commissionner like this helps to focus and brings out the best in our works I guess. I4m looking forward to the newt ones and I think color will look pretty good

@ Akae : Merci beaucoup ! Venant de quelqu'un avec tes talents artistiques, j'apprécie vraiment le compliment

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast