Thread: Advice for burned or fire damaged buildings?

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Question Advice for burned or fire damaged buildings?

I have a map i'm doing in Photoshop. The basic premise is that it's a hovel where an portal to the plane of fire was opened up and 3 rast(s) made their way through, there was a battle in the back room, where the red circle is, and the shock-waves and magical force expelled (radiating out from the circle) cause damage in the surrounding area. After the caster was inexperienced and used fire against the rast pack (ha) and after killing the foolish caster have been using the burned out house as a lair since.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gweyr House First Floor copy.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	2.42 MB 
ID:	92181

Clearly this map doesn't show any or that, as it's still in it's early stages. What I'm struggling with at the moment is figuring out how to indicate ash and embers in the area.

I was thinking for the embers I could set another layer over the floor and use a funky brush at random spots.

I'm just wondering if any one has any pointers for this. I was hoping to work on it tomorrow and over the weekend for a game next Thursday.

I'd make a crater in the floor where the circle is. Then I'd drop some of the those walls surrounding it into rubble in a larger circular area around the crater, and continue with the fractural damage you already have.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected NathanC's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamerprinter View Post
    I'd make a crater in the floor where the circle is. Then I'd drop some of the those walls surrounding it into rubble in a larger circular area around the crater, and continue with the fractural damage you already have.
    So like this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Explosion.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	361.0 KB 
ID:	92284